Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is so random!

Options
  • 18-01-2011 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Where is th. 1 in the newman building? :S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Beside th.2 ? Dunno go on tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

It isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wollywaka

Does anyone know what lecture hall we're in for Traditional Storytelling today so? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Go in the door beside the services desk and down the stairs on the left hand side..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

Do you mean theatre N1? If so, it's in the basement. Just go down the big stairs beside the help desk and it'll be on your left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

OSI wrote: »
    It's here...

But seriously, Traditional Storytelling? Sounds like a career defining module that one...

Some people like to take modules they enjoy in first year rather than what social policy dictates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

OSI wrote: »
    It's here...

But seriously, Traditional Storytelling? Sounds like a career defining module that one...

For traditional storytellers, I am sure it is :D

But seriously, how do you expect future teachers etc to learn about these things if Universities don't teach them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Well while we're all here, is this week 19?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

For traditional storytellers, I am sure it is :D

But seriously, how do you expect future teachers etc to learn about these things if Universities don't teach them?

Given that the National Folklore Collection is housed in Newman, (it's one of the largest repositories of oral ethnological materials in the world) I would imagine that this module relates to this, covering oral history etc.

(A lot of the folklore collection was recorded by talking to traditional storytellers in the 50s and 60s. Most of the material collected existed in purely oral form and would have been lost forever without the folklore project.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    Given that the National Folklore Collection is housed in Newman, (it's one of the largest repositories of oral ethnological materials in the world) I would imagine that this module relates to this, covering oral history etc.

(A lot of the folklore collection was recorded by talking to traditional storytellers in the 50s and 60s. Most of the material collected existed in purely oral form and would have been lost forever without the folklore project.)

My point was more that there are all sorts of worthwhile academic activities. I don't know the ins and outs of that module, but there is a creeping anti-academic attitude growing that I'm not fond of in Ireland (i.e. people scoffing at a module, subject, course etc with attitudes like "what use to the country will that be?" or "how will you get a job with that?"). So courses like traditional storytelling or any other humanities subject are important for countless reasons!

• Advertisement
Advertisement