Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coventry City Team Talk / Tranfers / Rumours!!!

• 18-01-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭

Checked a few pages couldnt see one, any other ccfc fans here? How you think our team is doing this season? Any gossip lets hear it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City FC fan here.

Hi 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Im from limerick i must be the only coventry supporter in limerick aswell!!!

Hi 5 back ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Would you fancy Leon Best back OP?

If we hadnt signed king and looked weak up front i wouldnt mind, he can have his flash of moments but was a big moaner and always i felt put in a performance when he wanted to, getting that hat trick for newcastle seems to have given him more confidence now but until he can keep consistent performance like that with them hell keep warming the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

great to see a thread set up :)

Newsnow is great for rumours get your hopes up alot :P

PUSB

• Advertisement

im on skybluestalk.co.uk so i get everything i need form there i dotn believe anythin till its confirmed on sky sports website ha.

i wouldnt mind if we signed this etuhu youngster from man city theres alot chasing him so i doubt we will get him.

heard we signed 2 young players from man united and arsenal in our youth acedemy well done aidy.

anyoe see the game against qpr we did well but there players were just better roll on birmingham on saturday lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

anyoe see the game against qpr we did well but there players were just better roll on birmingham on saturday lol.

Well i felt we did well at times. However Westwood made some super saves and now i have read that Wigan are after him as Kirkland is injured. Would be a big loss. I realise he wud prob move in summer anyway but always a hope.

Think King played well on Sunday hopefully he will start scoring now. I have a lot of time for his abilty. Gunnarsson again was very good on the ball not super off it. QPR are just a bit to classy for us.

How do be people feel about Michael Doyle leaving? great servent to the club he was such a battler. Really had a lot of time for him. Does anyone know when deegan is back?

Would like to see a few lads coming in also. Bouzza linked on skysports he wud be class act.

I love the sky Blues.

Marching on together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hows Deega been getting on?

bohsman wrote: »
    Hows Deega been getting on?

Was doing well last year but hasnt played in awhile since got injured. Could do with him now doyle is gone competive nature he has wud help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

The pitbull they called him in training apparently, never gave up.

Heard today Roy O Donovan is on way out. if we lose Gunnarrsson and westwood with doyle gone already anyone else worried we aint bringing in replacements?

deegan will be back soon we need him back as we need some one with his agression to break up play, hes like carsile but younger and gets in peoples faces. odonavan was dead wood waste really and if westwood goes i feel were in big trouble and wont be able to get a keeper anywere close to as good as him. gunner seems to be nearly getting back to his best but again if he goes i dont know where were going to replace him as with doyle also gone. baker at the moment is our main man playing brillant lets hope we get back to winning ways today against brummie.

2-1 half time cmon city pusb!!!

I hate BIRMINGHAM CITY.:mad:

deegan will be back soon we need him back as we need some one with his agression to break up play, hes like carsile but younger and gets in peoples faces. odonavan was dead wood waste really and if westwood goes i feel were in big trouble and wont be able to get a keeper anywere close to as good as him. gunner seems to be nearly getting back to his best but again if he goes i dont know where were going to replace him as with doyle also gone. baker at the moment is our main man playing brillant lets hope we get back to winning ways today against brummie.

i agree with O Donavon being dead wood, waste of wages really. Just think the squad is really bare at the moment. Few players out nothing coming in and with a few injuries could see us being dragged into a dog fight at the bottom. Really want a player or two brought in and more importantly Westwood to stay till summer at the very least.

well looks like westwood be with us till the summer question is will he stay another season or is he gone on a free.

as for the brummie game the weekend well ill be hoenst when we went 2-0 up i was like wow we might win this but then when it went to 2-1 i knew deep down we were gonna lose we cant hold leads and thats going to be our down fall its disgraceful we keep losing this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Don't know about dead wood but if Roy O'Donovan is just going to sit on the bench all season then it is a waste of his time and your money.

• Advertisement

to be honest id rather them use his wages to bump up westwodds wages to keep westwood with us.

ok I'm baffled now - 1644 DONE DEAL: It's a Liverpool signing, but not the one we are all waiting for. The Reds have signed 17-year-old midfielder Conor Thomas from Coventry on loan until the end of the season. He made his Sky Blues debut in Saturday's defeat by Birmingham City.

hes going to there acamedy to trian with there youths team and see how he goes with option to sign him, hes a very good midfielder prob best we have in terms of youth at our club. If we lose him the club is going backwards.

hes going to there acamedy to trian with there youths team and see how he goes with option to sign him, hes a very good midfielder prob best we have in terms of youth at our club. If we lose him the club is going backwards.

I think the club is going backwards no matter what we we look at it. Really dissapointing again last night. Go a goal up yet again for the third game in a row and then just lie down and die. No midfielders although seems irrelvant as we just pump the ball. Defence was shocking and Westwood did not have his head screwed on. teams around us have games in hand, we are looking like a relegation Dog fight. Hopefully King can score enough to get us out of this.

As for the young lad, would have liked to see him given a few games over next few months see how he does. Liverpool will hardly purchase him for big money so may aswell keep him when we have no center mids to speak of.

Really Worried. :(

ya weve got no midfield at all we look lost king is the only player who is trying his best to do something, the thomas deal was over aidys had was the board who did that i feel well be lucky to stay up this season weve got leeds next and thats another loss but in saying that all weve palyed in the last month is teams in the top 8 and we cant beat them so hopefully when we get worse teas it keep us up.

So what ccfc fans feelngs on the losing king, westwood and gunner, i dunno how we are going to stay up to be honest im hoping we sign a striker bad and a attacking midfielder but with the club in a financial tormoil i dunno whats going to happen for the new season its not looking good so far.

only 2 more days till we take on scummy leicster and hammer them cant wait.

So not a good start 1-0 lose to leiscter in the derby and another derby next weekend.lets hope we can bounce back thanks to baker messing up our 1 man advatange for the short 10mins we had it for we were all over them but typical coventry throw it away when they have to.

I ve feelign were not gonna win tomrorow!!

• Advertisement

Anyone out there opions on season so far??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

* tumbleweed *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

The whole ongoing ownership ground thing is fubar. Now the Wasps are there it makes it more complicated with ground etc. There's always Sixfields for them though!

* tumbleweed *

like our season and transfers ha.

The whole ongoing ownership ground thing is fubar. Now the Wasps are there it makes it more complicated with ground etc. There's always Sixfields for them though!

i went over to the walsall game on the 29th nov the pitch was so bad and the match worse ha, ya sisu just need to go its a joke they have no money just sell us and be gone its driving me nuts.

That said tho were 4 point soff the play offs we beat swindon monday night well be a point off which i know we wont win ha.

as bad as its been we are not really out of touch which is a bonus. However to put a run together we will need to change completely.

been really disappointed with some of the summer signings. Have a feeling it will be a busy Jan but so many loan players and frees just seem to hinder any rhythm.

Dont think we will lose anyone in jan. The move back to Ricoh did not give the boost i would have hoped.

Still like Pressley but he is under pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Now the Wasps are there it makes it more complicated with ground etc. There's always Sixfields for them though!

For wasps? Can't imagine them not playing in the stadium they own.

Think a new stadium will be needed at some point but at the moment Coventry football club is just surviving. thier has not been anything to cheer about for a long time. I was optimistic with the summer signings but none have really stood out for me.

Fleck signing new deal is good and we signed 17 year old irish lad from St.kevibns who maybe will kicvk on in the devlopment squad. like to see the irish link kept alive.

I meant more complicated for Coventry, who before this move would have been considered anchor tenants, obviously Wasps are going to play there, Rugby don't seem to mind a good old franchise do they? No uproar about clubs moving from pillar to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Rugby don't seem to mind a good old franchise do they? No uproar about clubs moving from pillar to post.

Theres very little advantagre longterm in going to the wall, whether you occupy the high ground when it happens is irrelevant. What's best for the club needs to come first.

Theres very little advantagre longterm in going to the wall, whether you occupy the high ground when it happens is irrelevant. What's best for the club needs to come first.

Personally I couldn't care less, it doesn't affect me at all, and from a Wasps point of view I am sure you are right. Hopefully they won't mismanage their money as badly as they have done in recent past (£65 million in the bank 18 months ago). I doubt Coventry Rugby Club are jumping for joy though at the parachuting in of a new team, certainly isn't going to help their position. Of course Rugby is just like any other sport, its all about money, not tradition or history.

But I've continued off-topic about the egg rolling, so I won't continue, apologies Sky Blue fans!

• Advertisement

Ya the stadium issue is nothing fans can do about and its just a waiting game really.

As for signings well looks like clarke going to scunthorpe with us getting martin and nouble signing on frees. Me personally i understand sisu arent giving SP any money to spend and he has to shuffle basically wages for signings but i honestly think becuase he has no money to spend SP is confused with what players he wants for his tatics for example mcquid & tugay, why bring them in then release them. Tugay should stay imo hes not a bad player and will score given the chance plus madine be gone soon so if SP not careful were going to be left short again and looking to youth players to cover the crackers which pisses me off!

Terrible result monday night, got hammered we are a team just is lost bad tatics and players and owners. If we stay up ill be shocked utter rubbish from the players and manager monday night swindon are a very good side well drilled and deserved winners.

Terrible result monday night, got hammered we are a team just is lost bad tatics and players and owners. If we stay up ill be shocked utter rubbish from the players and manager monday night swindon are a very good side well drilled and deserved winners.

Was shocking stuff. at the moment their is nothing but negatives around the club. At times they play decent football but seem to lack any fight whatsoever clumsy to give away the peno and defending for the first was shocking. It was a good finish but nobody got near him. Webster is not good enough for me. Though O brien was dreadful.

Its going to take a run to move them away from safety and cant see it at the minute. Just nobody wanting to step up and be counted.

Swindon are an excellent team in thier defense but Coventry rolled over.

I like the stuff that pressley says but it does not seem to be happening for him. Maybe time for him to go.

another rubbish result saturday against the gills we are just dreadful.

another rubbish result saturday against the gills we are just dreadful.

Yeah once the equalised we were never going to hold out. We are just so poor when put under any kind of test. Its a squad that seem to have no intrest in fighting for results. A lot of talk that pressley has lost the team.

some players need to be brought in but loans can be very hit and miss.

PUSB!!

aodea wrote: »
    Yeah once the equalised we were never going to hold out. We are just so poor when put under any kind of test. Its a squad that seem to have no intrest in fighting for results. A lot of talk that pressley has lost the team.

some players need to be brought in but loans can be very hit and miss.

PUSB!!

i really do feel sorry for him because he actually has no budget what so ever i dont entirley blame him you saw what he did when he did have good players when he first came in, the players he has arent giving there all and its making him look bad but his tactics seem to be off but everything is negative around the club from the fans through to the backroom and boardroom id say we will go down this year be amiricale if we stay up.

Woeful draw agaisnt a poor side, just related us now so sisu can feck off and madine missed a pen just way our season is going really.

thoughts on signings and the comign game agaisnt rochdale?

thoughts on signings and the comign game agaisnt rochdale?

Pretty poor result on the weekend all things considered.

Happy that samuel and odelusi both scored on their debuts but just too many loan players coming in never overally happy by this as more are miss than hit.

looks like we have signed Blair turgott from West ham on loan also. More bodies is always good but just dont think we will stay up signing young lads unproven at any level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement