Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors in finglas/ northside of dublin

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew a doctors in finglas/ north dublin where ya can just get a cert for work rather than actually going through seeing the doctor and explaining what you already know and paying 60euro? You probably cant but im just wondering, im out of work sick today and i have to have a cert when i return, which is a pain considering how tight money is these days! Any suggestions?

Sorry this post is probably in the wrong place but i wasnt sure where to put it.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Afraid it unethical for a doctor to issue a cert without seeing you first.

For a SW cert its also a contractual obligation for the Doc to see you first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davidfinglas

I didnt think it made much sense, but i thought if you knew your ailment and just needed a cert you wouldnt have to go through all the drama, and rather just get the cert at a lower rate than a full proper appointment. Oh well! Cheers Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I had an ongoing ailment and I was able to ring the the doctors office and have a note issued without seeing the doctor. But this was my own doctor who had already examined me and had already given me a doctors note. I still had to see him every couple of weeks to see if there was an improvement.

Without first examining you the doctor won't be able to issue you with a note as it would be open to abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If you have a doctor that you would normally see, and are registered with, they would usually give you a cert if you call and explain.

However, if its a random doctor, its very unlikely they would give you a cert without seeing you first, as others have mentioned.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

If you have a doctor that you would normally see, and are registered with, they would usually give you a cert if you call and explain.

However, if its a random doctor, its very unlikely they would give you a cert without seeing you first, as others have mentioned.

my regular doctor wont do that either i telephoned them because i had the flu, needed fluids and rest.

had to drag myself out of bed, get on two buses, pay €60 to be told to take a week off :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

irishbird wrote: »
    my regular doctor wont do that either i telephoned them because i had the flu, needed fluids and rest.

had to drag myself out of bed, get on two buses, pay €60 to be told to take a week off :mad:

Thats incredibly annoying! I usually go to the Cremore Clinic on Ballygall Road East (beside the Quarry pub).

I ring my doc there and she'd usually give me a note if required. I have been seeing that doctor for about 15 years mind you - since I was still in school!

Luckily I don't need to see a doctor that often!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davidfinglas

irishbird wrote: »

Its annoying as hell! Whats bothering me even more is that this is only a 'new rule' in my job, which i dont think is enforced in other sections!

Cheers for the info all, i've been going to the same doc all my life, but im pretty sure he wouldnt just issue a cert. Suppose i better ring and make an appointment...

Advertisement