Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good relationship counsellor in Limerick

Options
  • 18-01-2011 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know of a good reliable counsellor in Limerick who would be skilled/willing to work with a same-sex couple?
    I tried contacting Accord but Surprise Surprise, their counsellors only work with heterosexual couples!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,526 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Accord is the Catholic Church. Its pretty obvious they won't touch us.

The state has the "family support agency" who are meant to oversee all marriage/relationship counselling but I'd suspect not everyone is covered by it, this is their list for Limerick: http://www.fsa.ie/selected-by-county/limerick/ . There seems to be a few possibilities to give a call to

On a seperate note there may be a case to have Accords state funding stopped until they countenance the idea of same sex couples, such as how Cura have to acknowledge abortion exists to get theirs...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I know one or 2 counsellors that might be able to put you in the right direction if they can do nothing themselves.

Advertisement