Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wavelan problems

Options
  • 18-01-2011 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hey I can't get 4odcomedy to work or torrent clients either on wavelan in merville. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

domrush wrote: »
    Hey I can't get 4odcomedy to work or torrent clients either on wavelan in merville. Anyone know how to fix this?

Torrent ports are blocked. Ways around it but the download speed isn't worth it. They arn't blocked on Eduroam but they'll ban you eventually (Eduroam is trackable to your Connect Account) Not really worth the hassle to be honest.

4OD, can't comment on that. Probably a bandwidth restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

try gbypassing to 4od...you'd have to set up an external proxy to get into the torrents though, I've done it myself but it can be dodgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 _nomnom_

In relation to the wireless networks, if you are unfortunate enough to be banned for some idiocy, is this a permanent banning or is it reversed after some time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

_nomnom_ wrote: »
    In relation to the wireless networks, if you are unfortunate enough to be banned for some idiocy, is this a permanent banning or is it reversed after some time?

Think its on a case by case. I know a few people banned for two weeks. But you can plead you case etc. Its not a serious, on the record infraction.

Advertisement