Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spanish sheep project !

• 18-01-2011 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I would like to let people know about a project we would like to carry out in ireland ,we are based in spain,

we have a breed of sheep from mallorca oveja roja 'red sheep' which is dieing out there,it makes a well known cheese here in spain and to a certain extent in latin america..

we would like to introduce this sheep to ireland with the aim of producing this type of cheese in ireland taking advantage of the irish climate and brand to export to here in spain and abroad,

we will pay for all vet,admin and transport costs involved with our sheep,we will also finance all equipment etc which will be needed at a later stage along with all lab tests involved, which we will do here in spain.

in return,we are looking for irish farmer or landowners in different geo locations who will look after our sheep and depending on the relationship ,we will involve fully in any future enterprise,we do not require any financial commitment ...

Anybody interested feel free to contact me with there details and where they are based along with any relevent info....

un saludo !

I enclose some pic of our sheep !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

redsheep wrote: »
    I would like to let people know about a project we would like to carry out in ireland ,we are based in spain,

we have a breed of sheep from mallorca oveja roja 'red sheep' which is dieing out there,it makes a well known cheese here in spain and to a certain extent in latin america..

we would like to introduce this sheep to ireland with the aim of producing this type of cheese in ireland taking advantage of the irish climate and brand to export to here in spain and abroad,

we will pay for all vet,admin and transport costs involved with our sheep,we will also finance all equipment etc which will be needed at a later stage along with all lab tests involved, which we will do here in spain.

in return,we are looking for irish farmer or landowners in different geo locations who will look after our sheep and depending on the relationship ,we will involve fully in any future enterprise,we do not require any financial commitment ...

Anybody interested feel free to contact me with there details and where they are based along with any relevent info....

un saludo !

I enclose some pic of our sheep !

¿Es este un proyecto comercial o un proyecto de investigación?

Que es el suministro de los fondos y la ejecución del proyecto?

¿No habrá problemas significativos de importación, sobre enfermedades como el virus de la lengua azul?

No hay imágenes se adjunta al mensaje, pero sólo un plan de negocios de una página. ¿Es este el plan de negocios completo para tu empresa?

BandadaPerdida

pajero12 wrote: »
    Look,I can use google translator too :D
    The op is in English,Why reply in spanish?:o

I was just being nice.

This is a really curious request.

I was intrigued.

I don't need a translator, actually, as I speak a little Spanish. In fact I suspect I have rather more Spanish than the OP. Now point your marvellously clumsy translator at the OP's attached business plan and see why I am curious.

Thanks for your assistance anyway Pajero; I note you don't translate your username although you translated mine.......

Hasta luego y nighty night

LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

another thread gone for a sh1t

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

snowman707 wrote: »
    True,Sorry about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 redsheep

si quieren ustedes contestar en un buen castellano...ninguna problema, en cambio si van a intentar comunicar usando un traductor ,lo tenemos mal ya que estaremos hablando como gente de la edad de de piedra ! si echan un vistazo al adjunto en castellano veran que al fnal hablamos de posible ayuda del gobierno irlandes ,esto lo hemos descartado hace tiempo por eso no hice mention de esto al principio, el tema de importar los animales sera costoso para nosotros pero es posible ya lo hemos investigado ! esto sera un negocio y en principio lo financiaremos nosotros,

(translated properly into english)

If anybody wants to answer me in proper Spanish I would be delighted, otherwise we will be speaking like a couple of drunks in a bar as a translator is useless, if you have a carefull look at the text in my attachament, we made mention of any posible grant aid from the irish state this we put to one side at the the begining as not being worth the trouble and to be too time consuming so therefore is irrelevent to anybody who wants to calaborate with us as we will pick up the cost as mentioned before !

we know that we can import the animals into ireland as we have already sought advice on the matter !

un saludo !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

snowman707 wrote: »

No no, pleeese mr fawlty

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

si quieren ustedes contestar en un buen castellano...ninguna problema, en cambio si van a intentar comunicar usando un traductor ,lo tenemos mal ya que estaremos hablando como gente de la edad de de piedra ! si echan un vistazo al adjunto en castellano veran que al fnal hablamos de posible ayuda del gobierno irlandes ,esto lo hemos descartado hace tiempo por eso no hice mention de esto al principio, el tema de importar los animales sera costoso para nosotros pero es posible ya lo hemos investigado ! esto sera un negocio y en principio lo financiaremos nosotros,

(translated properly into english)

If anybody wants to answer me in proper Spanish I would be delighted, otherwise we will be speaking like a couple of drunks in a bar as a translator is useless, if you have a carefull look at the text in my attachament, we made mention of any posible grant aid from the irish state this we put to one side at the the begining as not being worth the trouble and to be too time consuming so therefore is irrelevent to anybody who wants to calaborate with us as we will pick up the cost as mentioned before !

we know that we can import the animals into ireland as we have already sought advice on the matter !

un saludo !

Apologies for my faulty Spanish! I tried. However it is interesting, and a pity, that so much focus went on the language - what about the questions??????

Is this an academic research project or a commercial project?

Who (or what type of agency/organisation/company) is funding it? Or do you really believe that an Irish agency will fund this with money borrowed from the IMF at 5.8%

What laboratory tests are you referring to?

Will the Irish farmers who get involved milk the sheep?

Thanks in advance,

Your obedient servant,

El LostCovey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 redsheep

its only a business project ...as regards lab tests ,there are a lot as the fat content in the milk we really dont know as these sheep have never been in ireland ,,,therefore thats why we forsee up to 2 years before we can produce any cheese however from experience here in spain pais vasco the basque country and asturias this could posibily be reduced as the climate and feeding conditions could be ideal in ireland...thats why yet again we are waiting from irish farmers who may be intersted at no investment or risk to themselves be involved !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- keep on-topic- and if you do insist on posting in Spanish (which is your perogative)- you must provide an accurate translation in English, in the same post- or I will delete the post (without any warning other than this).

Regards,

Shane

its only a business project ...as regards lab tests ,there are a lot as the fat content in the milk we really dont know as these sheep have never been in ireland ,,,therefore thats why we forsee up to 2 years before we can produce any cheese however from experience here in spain pais vasco the basque country and asturias this could posibily be reduced as the climate and feeding conditions could be ideal in ireland...thats why yet again we are waiting from irish farmers who may be intersted at no investment or risk to themselves be involved !

OK I understand fully.

I wish you the very best of luck with your project, and hope it is successful for you.

LostCovey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

I happened upon your query, I am afraid I cannot help you. I wish you the best in your project, I hope it is successful. I have always wondered why the farmers here don't make sheeps cheese which is wonderful instead of that stinking, wild, goat's cheese. I once accidently had a cappuccino made on goats milk, my stomach curdled with the smell, never even got it past my lips!!
    Best of luck:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭yog1

what size of farm you looking for, what part of ireland you looking for,

Advertisement