Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling around Oz on ur own on a WHV!

Options
  • 18-01-2011 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hey guys!

I'm plannin on headn off to Oz in July/August on a WHV with three friends. Thing is they are only stayin for One month or three months at most and I want to stay for the year! I've wanted to go over there for ages so I think now is the time to do it!! :) Thing is though Im a bit worried about stayin over there on my own once they go home! Even tho I'm sure Il have met loads of ppl by then ( Im a bit of a yapper) haha, do you's think Il be alright over there on my own? What are the hostels like and is it hard to get jobs ect?? I've heard its amazin craic so I'm dyin to go! so any advice wud be really appreciated! Esp from those who were travellin on their own over there!

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Laurz858 wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I'm plannin on headn off to Oz in July/August on a WHV with three friends. Thing is they are only stayin for One month or three months at most and I want to stay for the year! I've wanted to go over there for ages so I think now is the time to do it!! :) Thing is though Im a bit worried about stayin over there on my own once they go home! Even tho I'm sure Il have met loads of ppl by then ( Im a bit of a yapper) haha, do you's think Il be alright over there on my own? What are the hostels like and is it hard to get jobs ect?? I've heard its amazin craic so I'm dyin to go! so any advice wud be really appreciated! Esp from those who were travellin on their own over there!

You'll end up meeting people in the month you're there with your friends. I'm in the same oat but have been there before on a holiday visa.

Work should be OK once you look in the right places ;)

Any queries give me a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Laurz858

Cool cheers Macers!! :) Yeah thats what Im hopin, meet a good few people while Im there with my friends! I know a couple of people out there aswell but they are all over the place! Yeah looked up a few jobs websites for backpackers and all and they all seemed pretty good and u can get loads of help while ur still lookin for one so Im pretty optimistic about it!! Roll on Oz!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Laurz858

Yeah came accross that thread too! Cheers! :) Makes me feel a lot better to know I'm not the only one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Laurz858 wrote: »
    Hey guys!

Just keep your wits about yourself and you'll be grand .

You'll find you meet more when your not in a group and lots just like you .

I would just advise to let people know when your going somewhere and when you expect to get there. Also good to travel with others just incase but that's just common since things .

Trust me you'll have a ball and it some thing you'll remember for the rest of your life .

• Advertisement
Advertisement