Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

football stadiums- preferred seating area

• 18-01-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    If you're at a game in a stadium (Aviva or elsewhere) where do you prefer to sit and why?
    Cheers,
    pa.

In a stadium where do you prefer to sit? 84 votes

Behind the goal
    0% 0 votes
    Near the halfway line
    33% 28 votes
    Near corner flag
    55% 47 votes
    Elsewhere
    10% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Halfway line for me. Get to see all the action from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Behind the goal, about halfway up to the left of right hand side :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Behind the goal usually has better atmosphere as a lot of die hards are usually situated there but for watching the game there ain't no comparison - halfway line is the best view and that is why it is always most expensive seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Behind the goal and high enough to see the pitch properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I prefer to stand, not sit. Depends on where various supporters groups are situated, Ive no particular preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wherever the best signing is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PHB wrote: »
    Wherever the best signing is.

Don't think you're allowed on the pitch mate. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

At Stamford Bridge my preference is for The lower tier in the Shed End followed by the lower tier in the Matthew Harding as the atmosphere is the best there.

Away games standing where ever we are put. ;) Don't think I've sat at an away game yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Standing behind the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Atmosphere behind the goal does be good, but I don't like the view of the game from there, prefer halfway of anywhere along the side, the curved corner sections give a decent view if you are up high enough too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Standing behind the goal is best, but in Dalymount its not normally possible, so with the singing section. Only really sit at Ireland matches....

Standing in the KOP. Nothing like it.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Standing in the KOP.

The all-seater one?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wherever the fans are tbh, though prefer to be near one end, so corner flag I suppose. Not a fan of behind the goal.

Standing obviously :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

stovelid wrote: »
    The all-seater one?

No-one sits in Block 304/305/306 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Standing near the corner flag. I like the diagonal angle across the pitch, especially when I go watch games here in an oval stadium where both the sidelines and behind the goals are miles from the pitch. The corners are the only spot that meet the edge of the oval so it's the closest you get.

Having said that I stood behind the goal at most LOI games I went to and also at the Emirates the other week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

That must be some kind of paradise in Germany, there are always areas in almost every ground, where supporters can stand, e.g. the stadium in my hometown of Dortmund: The famous 'Suedtribuene' (South Stand) can allocate 28000 supporters :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

In line with the edge of the penalty box or standing behind the goal.

If I have to sit, the lower down the better, but not ever at the halfway line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Has to be standing behind the goal, is usually where the best atmosphere is at stadiums.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

No-one sits in Block 304/305/306 ;)

Excuse you cheek I DID !!!!!

at ht - I was fúcked from the night before;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not too bothered what part of the stadium as long as i can stand without cnuts telling me to sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

put in elsewhere because hate sitting down at matches...

my prefernce is standing on the halfway line with the auld lad, have stood there over 14 or 15 seasons and its not going to change anytime soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Standing in the KOP. Nothing like it.

Which KOP? One in Elland Road, Parc des Princes or Prenton Park or one of the other dozens of KOP's?

Shels home matches behind the goal in the New Stand, away matches it depends werever we get ushered too mostly somewhere along the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Behind the goals. I prefer it to the sideline seating, tbh. And behind the goals generally has the best atmosphere, too.
    Never been in the Stretford End, though. Only the opposite end beside the away fans(which can be good too:P).
    Prefer standing, but that's not allowed in OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Standing in the old stand in Terryland.

Standing wherever the away fans go in other grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Poll n/a to me.

Which KOP? One in Elland Road, Parc des Princes or Prenton Park or one of the other dozens of KOP's?

Shels home matches behind the goal in the New Stand, away matches it depends werever we get ushered too mostly somewhere along the side.

Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Poll n/a to me.

Elsewhere is an option.

Shels home matches behind the goal in the New Stand, .

My old spot. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    At Stamford Bridge my preference is for The lower tier in the Shed End followed by the lower tier in the Matthew Harding as the atmosphere is the best there.

Away games standing where ever we are put. ;) Don't think I've sat at an away game yet.

exactly the same for me !

You get all the hardcore supporters there for some reason , and the banter with opposing fans in the shed end is second to none !

Sideline seating is for the prawn sangwich brigade ! Oh and tourists .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

When I was younger I liked sitting in the lower tier behind the goal near the front to try and get on tv :p:o

Still sit behind the goal but middle tier now which gives a great view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

There are alot of imitations - you listed them - but only one Kop, everyone knows that, and it creates a unique atmosphere.
    The Shed in Turners Cross is the only place that comes close ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

exactly the same for me !

You get all the hardcore supporters there for some reason , and the banter with opposing fans in the shed end is second to none !

Sideline seating is for the prawn sangwich brigade ! Oh and tourists .

I hope to f*ck that's a tongue in cheek comment.
    ShamoBuc wrote: »
    There are alot of imitations - you listed them - but only one Kop, everyone knows that, and it creates a unique atmosphere.

Exactly, the Kop of Boulogne home to PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

You know well which Kop the poster is on about, i suspect, but then try and act the smart guy. Boring.:rolleyes:

Elsewhere is an option.

It's an option as answer to the question of where do you like to sit in a football ground.

• Advertisement

It's an option as answer to the question of where do you like to sit in a football ground.

Jaysus, you're fair hardy.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Jaysus, you're fair hardy.

I'm not actually, I just don't sit down at games. Nothing unusual about it, but if you feel better about it by trying to have a dig at me, knock yourself out.... :rolleyes:

I'm not actually, I just don't sit down at games. Nothing unusual about it, but if you feel better about it by trying to have a dig at me, knock yourself out.... :rolleyes:

I said myself I prefer to stand, if you bothered reading the thread.
    But could you not have just said "I prefer to stand in stand X, Y or Z" rather than trying to be cool with the "Poll in n/a to me"?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Exactly, the Kop of Boulogne home to PSG.

Looked like a nice place - I might go there sometime - would I go Upper Tier or Lower Tier:rolleyes: - either I suppose... it looked like there were plenty of seats available in both;)

baz2009 wrote: »
    I said myself I prefer to stand, if you bothered reading the thread.
    But could you not have just said "I prefer to stand in stand X, Y or Z" rather than trying to be cool with the "Poll in n/a to me"?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you bothered reading the thread, you'd have noticed I didn't say that.

*Loads of rolleyes emoticons*

• Advertisement

Poll n/a to me.
    If you bothered reading the thread, you'd have noticed I didn't say that.

*Loads of rolleyes emoticons*

One word in the difference, fcuk that I was miles away, wasn't I?

The 'in' was meant to say 'is'.

Advertisement