Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planes or jets in kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Teebor15 wrote: »
    Tell me more about this..eh.."near miss" you think you saw!!
    Why? Do you think I don't know a near miss when I see one?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Why? Do you think I don't know a near miss when I see one?

Yes..elaborate and i can put your mind at ease?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Please go and do one.
    I've been in and around aviation for near 40 years; I can tell an emergency maneouvre from a normal one.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I have an app for my iphone, it tells you what airport it has taken off from, to where it is going, the height it is flying, the route - one can see exactly where the plane is, the speed of the plane, flight number, what carrier it is, model of plane, along with other information.

I was surprised to see a plane overhead going to Havana from Paris, Washington DC to Amman, Jordan.

A few weeks back there was a plane from Kuwait city going to London, which I thought was strange.

I remember October 2001, a plane crashed in Queens, NY, at the time they didn't know if it was a terrorist thing or not, it was on Sky news that a plane heading to NY was turning back and returning to Heathrow, I went outside and saw the plane do a large circular turn in the sky and head back to London.
    It was something interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

I was surprised to see a plane overhead going to Havana from Paris, Washington DC to Amman, Jordan.

If you draw a straight line on an Atlas from Havana to Paris, the line would probably pass through the west cost of france half way down and come no where near Ireland. But..if you look at a globe and pull a piece of string between the two cities it would come up close to ireland. Its called the great circle rule. have a look at this link: http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=JFK-FRA-IAH-PHX-PAE&PATH-COLOR=red&MARKER=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

You can work it out using fairly simple Trig.

Or just look at google maps or something.

Advertisement