Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mobile Seven 10 Deal - SCAM!

Options
  • 18-01-2011 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a phone for my mother and signed her up for the seven 10 deal.

The deal is basically that you get 200 minutes and 200 texts to any network for €10.

I schedule a top up of €10 to come out of my account every week to cover the cost of the calls.

Thats fine, but here's the issues:
    1. If you top up your phone at any stage with credit during the deal, the deal is off. They dont tell you the deal is off and the only way of getting the deal back on is to ring customer service. Remember, you pay €10 upfront every week for the deal and if you top up during the week for whatever reason, your €10 is gone, you're off the deal and you need to ring customer service.

2. Say your scheduled top up is due to come out at 12pm today. They send you a text saying 'your account has been topped up by €10'. But dont go and start using your phone! oh no! You have to wait up to one day (but normally sixty minutes) for them to send you another text saying that you are signed up for the offer. Every single week. So there is a period of time where you simply cannot use your phone or bang they swipe your €10 and you are back paying normal rates.

I find it disgusting, underhand and positively disgraceful that this offer is allowed in our current climate. I spent 30 minutes talking to emobile trying to find out the intricacies of the deal and I cannot believe how underhand it is.

I would expect Emobile to come out and try explaining this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

Ten-7 is a bad deal. There are much better sim-only 39 day contracts out there. You are effectively paying 40 a month for 800 mins and text
    For example on 3 your mom could get 400 mins and unlimited texts for 25 euro a month, she can top-up if she needs more minutes with this "best of both" tariff, or cancel with 30 days notice, of she finds something that would suit her better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

its the minutes she needs tbh, not the texts. So for €10 per week, I think 200minutes is pretty good to any network/landline.

She can go on and come off the seven 10 deal at any stage aswell. She tends to spend long periods abroad, so its ideal.

I took a look at three's deal and its €40 for 400 minutes with a 30 days sim, so think the deal has changed.

Thats not competitive with the emobile deal where you get 800 minutes and no 30 day contract

Advertisement