Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People cutting in in traffic

• 18-01-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Boils my blood, every evening I leave swords. I get to the roundabout beside woodies and hit traffic ... fair enough it happens. But after queing for 20 mins I get up to the traffic lights to get onto the motorway and some oul pr1ck in usually a big merc / bmw tries to cut in infront of me. No chance am I letting them in, they could have easily joined the que like the rest of us further back. Anyone else have this opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

I know what you mean,unfortunately other people will always let them in.I'm like you I won't let em in if they are really cheeky,I like to hang them out to dry if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

I hate when people do it to me, but I do it all the time.

Edit: Don't get the Merc/BMW reference. I find it's much more often young lads in a Golf/Astra/Focus and also Van drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

tobsey wrote: »

Edit: Don't get the Merc/BMW reference. I find it's much more often young lads in a Golf/Astra/Focus and also Van drivers

BMW driver here and I do it all the time (usually with bus lanes). Equally hate when people do it to me though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

In recent days ive started slowing down so they could cut in behind me either, force them to go round the roundabout :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Do you mind me asking what you drive?

• Advertisement

Audi A4 tdi

sorry taught that was aimed at me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Don't get me started on those Focus ST drivers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Van drivers

Used to do that in my time and I'm proud to see the tradition carry on. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

No, no, it's the builders in their SWB 4x4s. Feckers have nothing better to do with their time than cut in on traffic now... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I do it all the time, on a scooter though and hold nobody up :)
    If I couldn't filter I'd buy a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Happens every morning in Ballymun heading into town. People queuing in the left lane down the hill to go straight on towards Phibsboro and as you come down to the traffic lights the right lane is a turn only toward Finglas - so they all come booting down and start suicidalyl jumping into tiny gaps or bullying their way in by squeezing over the line as if you don't exist. Theres a certain type of jeep particularly guilty of that one.

Also happens at the five lamps heading towards the IFSC, left lane goes straight through the lights and the right lane is a turn only up towards the busaras.

draffodx wrote: »

Boards favourite of course....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

A corolla?

JD1763 wrote: »
    Happens every morning in Ballymun heading into town. People queuing in the left lane down the hill to go straight on towards Phibsboro and as you come down to the traffic lights the right lane is a turn only toward Finglas - so they all come booting down and start suicidalyl jumping into tiny gaps or bullying their way in by squeezing over the line as if you don't exist. Theres a certain type of jeep particularly guilty of that one.

Also happens at the five lamps heading towards the IFSC, left lane goes straight through the lights and the right lane is a turn only up towards the busaras.

I'd often do it there alright but if I don't get a nice gap I'll just go around the met office to botanic avenue. If there's any traffic on Mobhi road it's as quick. In that situation I hate when there's a stand off between one trying to get in and those in the middle lane not letting them. Acting like children and wouldn't have an ounce of balls if they weren't in their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rosechenet

It happens to me at least twice a day! two lanes traffic, they use the- turn left lane and then try cut in when their near the top. It drives me insane,as Iv been in the qeue for ages. What makes it worse we are on a hill all the way up, so I have to be very quick to get hand break off. All types cars nd people-women with kids are just as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

They all get caught eventually.

Worst thing you can do as someone who has been inconvenienced in that way is let it get to you. Nothing you can do about it in most cases so let it go. Very hard to do though I admit.

I reckon a lot of this type of chancer style driving might become a thing of the past though with the likely take up of on board recording systems. Especially if cops etc take it as evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

In that situation I hate when there's a stand off between one trying to get in and those in the middle lane not letting them.

Easy solution: stop driving like an asshole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Drivers on the M50 northbound jumping at the last second to the N4 slip exit, the q could be back to the cold cut bridge and that would only take about 4-5 mins to get up the slip and onto the N4 but oh no some drivers think i'm not waiting that long, drive up all the way to the top of the slip and then indicate left to get into the lane...see it every evening. And yesterday evening i reckon thats what caused the crash on the M50 northbound at the cold cut bridge. I have even been witness to a car at the rear of the q, who was stopped, pull into the left lane with cars travelling at about 60-80kmh's coming up behind them, one almost crashed into the back them, then a few hundred metres up the road pull back into the slip:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

draffodx wrote: »
    Danbo! wrote: »
    A corolla?

You-must-be-new-here.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

JD1763 wrote: »

Have you looked at the road markings on that road?

I drive it every day. There is 3 lanes, the inner bus lane, the middle straight only lane, and the right lane which is a straight and right lane. This is indicated by the road markings. Check it out next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Ill check it out tomorrow but if those are the markings they're misleading as the lane itself only curves around the corner up to the yield sign and anyone coming down the right lane who wants to go towards phibsboro has no choice but to change over back to the left lane. There aren't even markings indicating a merge between the two lanes for travelling straight on towards phibsboro.

Its badly designed but that doesnt excuse those flying down the rightside of the queue every morning and diving into the line and slamming on the brakes just because they're too impatient to wait the 1-2 minutes it takes to safely get in line further back up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rosechenet

Yes your right, I wouldnt normally let it bother me. Its just every morning you can be sure some one will try it, not just on me. These people never get caught. If youve been in a queue and your in a hurry waiting your turn,Then some idiot wants to cut in front of you -WELL I UNDERSTAND HOW ROAD RAGE HAPPENS!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

More like audi's now, majority of owners drive them like cocks.

I love a good queue jumping stand off! Stare them out...I love it when they keep creeping along beside me as I'm creeping forward leaving as little gap as possible, needn't think edging closer and closer to me is going to make me let you in no no...you sir get the uncomfortable unflinching stare down treatment :D Usually works a treat and they give up, but I pick my fights carefully!
    Although people on up the queue who decide they're going to let in absolutely everybody and their mums really do fcuk me off!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

mcwhirter wrote: »
    More like audi's now, majority of owners drive them like cocks.

[x] Bandwagon Jumper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The big problem with not letting a queue-jumper in is that someone in front of you probably will.

Advertisement