Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband, Zyxel Router, Crappy Combo. Anyone else had this experience?

Options
  • 18-01-2011 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

We got magnet the other day, were sold an 8mb connection, getting 3 on a good day, so far, so bloody typical.

It drops the connection 2 or 3 times an hour really frustrating.

Also, I've been trying to connect Ubuntu to it over a wireless. Ubuntu sees the router, it asks for a password, tries to connect, and then asks for the password again. Infinitely.

I'll be ringing Magnet about these issues, but can anyone share their experience or offer advice on any of these issues? I hate being given the run-around by telecoms, and want to be ready for their bs.

One more thing: the router is locked down by Magnet, meaning any changes to it's settign have to be requested from, and carried out by, Magnet. Load of rubbish if you ask me, but there it is.

Advertisement