Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Tuam?

Options
  • 18-01-2011 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all

I am thinking of moving over to UPC Tv from SKY and wonder if anyone in the Tuam area has UPC and if they happy with the service???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hi all

I am thinking of moving over to UPC Tv from SKY and wonder if anyone in the Tuam area has UPC and if they happy with the service???

Just got a text last week to say my broadband has been upgraded to 20MB...I have been upgraded for free with previous providers as they became more competetive. I just saw on here though that they are charging extra so if you go to UPC beware of that...maybe throw them a Colonel Sanders warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Hi Wompa...

Are you from the Tuam area, and if so are you saying that UPS offer broadband in the area...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

As far as I am aware UPC in Tuam is over aerial - so no broadband and from what I here a poor service - i.e. guide stalling, info on channels freezing etc...

Also don't think there are many options in Tuam for a half decent broadband service apart from Eircom.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

what about vodafone, they doing phone line and broadband now to,
    think their cheaper than eircom to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

I switched over from Sky to UPC and I can honestly say it was the WORST move ever. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Murdoch and Sky are a bunch of dickheads BUT UPC are dreadful. Customer service is almost non existant, you don't get as many channels on the basic package as you do with Sky (you have to pay EXTRA:confused: for any of the + channels) and worst of all, I had THREE of their bloody crappy NEW:rolleyes: boxes replaced losing anything I had recorded with the box that was replaced. Feck all apology and nothing only replaced the box.

If you're not desperate for lots of channels, FTA isn't a bad option AND a LOT cheaper with just a one off payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

UPC have bb phone and digi available in most of tuam

You can check if it is available down the bottom right hand corner of the website with your address

www.upc.ie

I would question that as far as I am aware there is no UPC fiber network in Tuam.

The only service is the TV and its by aerial and as per post above it is not the may west.

Check out the map here and you will see its only Galway City - http://www.upc.ie/customer_support/network_improvements/

You cud double check by ringing - hope the new sales line is a little bot faster to get through to than the support!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

ir555 wrote: »
    I would question that as far as I am aware there is no UPC fiber network in Tuam.

The only service is the TV and its by aerial and as per post above it is not the may west.

Check out the map here and you will see its only Galway City - http://www.upc.ie/customer_support/network_improvements/

You cud double check by ringing - hope the new sales line is a little bot faster to get through to than the support!

D
    They have been busy installing the network in parts of Tuam for the last few months. They are definitely in parts of Tuam now.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

we got connected for fibre optic broadband friday morning. salesman called late last week. according to him its ready to connect in palace fields, the meadows and clochran, kilcloghans. we went for 20mb connection and speed is fantastic compared to utvs 7mb. kept the sky because they dont have a great range of kids channels

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

we got connected for fibre optic broadband friday morning. salesman called late last week. according to him its ready to connect in palace fields, the meadows and clochran, kilcloghans. we went for 20mb connection and speed is fantastic compared to utvs 7mb. kept the sky because they dont have a great range of kids channels
    I find the choice of kids tv fine on UPC but everyone has different needs:)
    I found Sky expensive for multiroom.
    I also found Sky more expensive for Soorts channels so it all depends on what people need i suppose.
    But we've established it is in Tuam

• Advertisement

My apologies, I was wrong - it is now recently available in some of the housing estates.

A bit of advertising wouldn't go a miss.

For all you sky fans changing over - prepare to forget about using the Guide - UPCs one will test your patience!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

amiable wrote: »
    I find the choice of kids tv fine on UPC but everyone has different needs:)
    I found Sky expensive for multiroom.
    I also found Sky more expensive for Soorts channels so it all depends on what people need i suppose.
    But we've established it is in Tuam

If you have decent broadband, and also have Sky, a useful alternative to Sky multiroom is to create a free sky player account. You can then watch programs / movies (including on-demand) using sky player on a PC / XBOX / many other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

double post mods please delete.

Advertisement