Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'97 Fiesta, how much?

• 18-01-2011 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I was wondering if anyone could hazard a guesstimate on how much one could expect to get (if anything!) for a '97 Ford Fiesta.

It has been sitting idle in a driveway since last Summer. Tax and NCT are out of date since Aug'10.

Apart from the now dead battery, it drove grand pre d Summer.

Any info/advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Very little. If it were running and had an NCT it'd be worth some money, but you have to be realistic - it's 13+ years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Few hundred quid if nct'd and taxed imo (and I drive one :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

A car that age without NCT or Tax is going to be worth scrap value... if it had NCT and 3 months tax even then you'd be looking at what? €500... not a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Would leaving a car like that sitting for a few months cause any problems? Ive always wondered that when looking at cheap cars with no nct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

christy_b wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone could hazard a guesstimate on how much one could expect to get (if anything!) for a '97 Ford Fiesta.

It has been sitting idle in a driveway since last Summer. Tax and NCT are out of date since Aug'10.

Apart from the now dead battery, it drove grand pre d Summer.

Any info/advice much appreciated.
    No Nct and No tax .......... id expect you to pay me to tow it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

JustLen wrote: »
    Would leaving a car like that sitting for a few months cause any problems? Ive always wondered that when looking at cheap cars with no nct?

On an old car... damp... rust on the brake.. hand brake cable might rust up.. nothing a weekends work should be able to fix.

Any big problems... already existed before it was parked up.

No Nct and No tax .......... id expect you to pay me to tow it away.

How much would you be charging for this service?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

JustLen wrote: »
    How much would you be charging for this service?:)
    give me 60 euro and i will arrange to ake it away...... ok

Well I wont as its not my car but im sure the OP will be snapping at your heels shortly

Advertisement