Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ray whelhan bins

Options
  • 18-01-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

folks

got a leaflet throught the door for ray whelhan refuse collection offering an introductory price of €16.50 per month for 6 months

Rang today bins coming this week, not a bad price!! when the 6 months is up it'l be still cheaper than the others

im in portarlington by the way!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

folks

got a leaflet throught the door for ray whelhan refuse collection offering an introductory price of €16.50 per month for 6 months

Rang today bins coming this week, not a bad price!! when the 6 months is up it'l be still cheaper than the others

Got that flier too, havent had a chance to ring them yet. didnt know it was for 6months, thats very good. What does it work out at after that introductory price?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

i think its €32 amonth or a little bit less. the girl said to me that after the 6 mths it will still be cheaper than the other refuse collectors

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

AES is 32 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Not if u have a chat to the rep and tell him u can get them cheaper elsewhere. They want to hold on the customers even if it means making very little profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Would you have rubbish to put out every week? I'm with AES and use the pay as you go service....recycling collected for free fortnightly, I compost a lot of stuff and the balance goes out in a large green bin and is charged as when I need it to. Changed over in September and have only put the green bin out once.

Might be worth a call...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

Yep, Ray Whelan is grand. Great prices alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 minx1000

folks

AES user: :rolleyes:

I checked this one out.

Its a good price unless you only use your green bin once in a blue moon.
    In which case AES have a deal where you pay 150 euros a year & then 7 euros every time they lift your GREEN bin.
    In our case that's aprox once every 3 months.

That's cheaper than Ray Whelan. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

Im in Mountrath with Oxygen a couple of years only paying €25.00 per month (Green and Black Bin, Green goes out 1 week, black the following week and so on) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭TheKid

I've heard differing reports on Whelan refuse, are they reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭What? Oh Rly!

TheKid wrote: »
    I've heard differing reports on Whelan refuse, are they reliable?

Very. Who said this to you and when?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

I'm with ray whelan, good value and never had a problem.
    However, got a letter the other day saying that due to new bye-laws passed by Laois County Council, they would only be collecting our waste every fortnight instead of the current weekly service.
    Two main problems with this - they didn't state what the bye-laws were and I cannot find them mentioned anywhere, and they are reducing their price by only €3 a month despite halving their service.

Any users of other providers get anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Very. Who said this to you and when?

Is that you Ray?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 HanyuPinyin

AES best buffet.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Kenteach wrote: »
    I'm with ray whelan, good value and never had a problem.
    However, got a letter the other day saying that due to new bye-laws passed by Laois County Council, they would only be collecting our waste every fortnight instead of the current weekly service.
    Two main problems with this - they didn't state what the bye-laws were and I cannot find them mentioned anywhere, and they are reducing their price by only €3 a month despite halving their service.

Any users of other providers get anything similar?
    Oxegen are doing this too since December but they didn't reduce their prices. Or notify half of my estate that continued to put their bins out every week. (some just left them out and piled rubbish around them on the grass verges) Hence me changing to RW this month

Advertisement