Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creme Egg Season!

Options
  • 18-01-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

So it's creme egg season again, and although I've celebrated by eating 2 in one go already, I can't help feel a little let down.
    They released the Cadbury Screme Egg for Halloween and I think it took away from the waiting for Easter for them to come about..

Also, was just wondering has anyone ever had the different flavoured Creme Eggs they do in the States or Aus?!

Would love to try the orange flavoured one.. Sounds amazing.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Cream eggs are soo yesterday, It's Malteaser Bunny season! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Nah, doesn't sound right. Malteser bunnies are lovely, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge fan. But it will forever be named Creme Egg season :)

New Aero lamb looks cute enough. Got one for the other half yesterday. Yet to get back to me on how it was though!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lornen wrote: »

Also, was just wondering has anyone ever had the different flavoured Creme Eggs they do in the States or Aus?!

Never seen any other flavours in Oz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Cream eggs are soo yesterday, It's Malteaser Bunny season! :pac:

Malteaster ftp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭mandyarms

Nom Nom, I want one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

I don't get why everyone loves Creme eggs so much! The chocolate is cheap and the insides are just pure sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tesco have 6 packs BOGOF for €2 valid from 19/1/2011 until 8/2/2011 (says this online, seems too cheap to me)

and 2x4packs of creme egg ice cream cones for 3.50

rubadub wrote: »
    tesco have 6 packs BOGOF for €2 valid from 19/1/2011 until 8/2/2011 (says this online, seems too cheap to me)
    This offer was not on in the shop, however it can be ordered online and when I added 2 to the basket it verified the offer and only charged €2.

Am trying to lose fat so can't get them myself :mad: nor the 5 doughnuts for 25cent I saw there just now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

I have always dreamed of a real easter egg creme egg really filled with fondant that i can spoon out nomanomanom!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'd dreamt of that too (I love pimp that snack btw, spent ages trawling through it before lol) -- however you'd probably just be horrrrribly sick.

star-pants wrote: »
    just be horrrrribly sick.
    Yeah, too much fondant for my liking, you need the chocolate with it, if I made one I would chop or liquidise up the whole cream eggs and put the mix in the egg, so you have chocolate throughout, maybe even add in extra chocolate.

They should make ones just a big bigger, like the size of kinder eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

They should make ones just a big bigger, like the size of kinder eggs.

Agreeeed! though we'd all swear they were bigger when we were younger, I debate the 'but you probably got bigger' as I've been the same size since I was mid teens! lol.

I actually got the mini creme eggs this year, don't often bother, but I found there was just the perfect amount of chocolate & fondant. Last time I'd a creme egg it seemed an imbalance.

They're making everything smaller these days, so I wouldn't be surprised!

Read in the papers today that Dairy Milk bars have gotten smaller, same price though if not a price hike!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Am trying to lose fat so can't get them myself :mad: nor the 5 doughnuts for 25cent I saw there just now :(

Don't be silly. Fat is good for you. In fact, last night I decided that combining doughnuts and Creme Eggs is the way to go. Replace the jam with a Creme Egg. I'm not a fan of Creme Eggs though so I might not get to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Had one for first time in about three years was delicious,but i wont be having anymore again until next year maybe.

caseyann wrote: »
    Had one for first time in about three years was delicious,but i wont be having anymore again until next year maybe.

Oh dear!

Not another one until next year and it's not even Easter yet?!

What a shame! :(

Oh dear!

Not another one until next year and it's not even Easter yet?!

What a shame! :(

No more until next year,i like my bits and pieces off the floor :D

No more until next year,i like my bits and pieces off the floor :D

Creme Eggs dislodge yer bits?!

Maybe you should hold back then! :P

Creme Eggs dislodge yer bits?!

Maybe you should hold back then! :P

Nah my bits are safe but you do know fat can come later in life from eating crap now :p

• Advertisement

Nah my bits are safe but you do know fat can come later in life from eating crap now :p

But a creme egg has less calories than a can of coke/ banana and an apple/ packet of crisps/ half bag of Mcdonalds chips/ 2 sausages

THE LIST COULD GO ON!

Small things in moderation, don't deny yourself the sole reason Easter is awesome over petty calories!

Jesus could have used a creme egg or two, that man was scrawny. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Oh god Im buying one on way to work in morning!!!

star-pants wrote: »
    Agreeeed! though we'd all swear they were bigger when we were younger, I debate the 'but you probably got bigger' as I've been the same size since I was mid teens! lol.
    It even has this on wikipedia, the conan o brien show in the US had a lad on, they did get smaller in the US, but have been the same size here. How I already knew myself is since my mother used to put them in egg cups on easter sunday at breakfast, and they had to be stuffed with tissue as the eggcup was far too big.
    Read in the papers today that Dairy Milk bars have gotten smaller, same price though if not a price hike!
    Yes, there are loads of different sizes of bars these days, mulitpack ones are usually 45-50g these days, which is my preferred size. There is a huge imbalance between multipack and single bars now so most people get multipack ones, I always demolish the mulitpacks though. Only place I buy single bars is at the checkout in lidl, a lidl twix is only 29c I think, and very nice. I can't bring myself to pay 90cent for a bar when 5 are only €2 -2.50

But a creme egg has less calories than a can of coke/ banana and an apple/ packet of crisps/ half bag of Mcdonalds chips/ 2 sausages

THE LIST COULD GO ON!

Small things in moderation, don't deny yourself the sole reason Easter is awesome over petty calories!

Jesus could have used a creme egg or two, that man was scrawny. :pac:

I would rather have my coke being honest.So i am willing to sacrifice the creme eggs over to you.I dont eat any of the other things.:D
    Think about it i enjoy my creme egg more than double of what you do because i forgot the taste,and like eating for first time again :p

I would rather have my coke being honest.So i am willing to sacrifice the creme eggs over to you.I dont eat any of the other things.:D
    Think about it i enjoy my creme egg more than double of what you do because i forgot the taste,and like eating for first time again :p

You make a fine point!

Could you be swayed with a Lindt Lindor Egg?

Those things should be ILLEGAL.. I'm not even going to have one this year..

I just won't be able to control myself :eek:

You make a fine point!

Could you be swayed with a Lindt Lindor Egg?

Those things should be ILLEGAL.. I'm not even going to have one this year..

I just won't be able to control myself :eek:

I have no idea what that even is lol :o

I have no idea what that even is lol :o

You have yet to live..

lindor_egg_01.png

You have yet to live..

lindor_egg_01.png

Judging by the inside of the thickness and looks rich aswell.I will live longer if i avoid that stuff going near my insides.:D

You could be hit by a bus tomorrow caseyann!

LIVE A LITTLE! :P

• Advertisement

You could be hit by a bus tomorrow caseyann!

LIVE A LITTLE! :P

LOL Fair point. :D

Advertisement