Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Castledermot

Options
  • 18-01-2011 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All,

New to boards so not quite sure if I'm in the right forum. From Dublin and bought a house in Castledermot about 5 years ago, rented out at present but we are considering moving back there this summer. Would anyone know if the creche in Castledermot is good? Love to hear from some parents that might have children there or know of anyone who does. Commuting to Dublin so be great if it was good for my little boy. Thanks a mill. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I think the new proprietors are a chain called Cherish Childcare.
    It reopened last September after the previous management closed it during the start of the downturn, about 2 years ago.
    I had 2 kids in it at one stage & both liked it.
    Can't speak for the new owners though but have heard nothing bad.
    It is a purpose build creche with a good outdoor play area for the summer.

Nearly all the families who used the previous establishment went down the childcare route after the closure.
    Four of the families on our road alone took in kids to supplement their dole.
    Difficult for any legitimate business to compete against that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 issymaria

Thanks a million Rapidlamb, that is a great help. I'll give them a call but good to know there have been no bad reports. Are you still in CD and if so how things in the village since the bypass? I think we are going to end up moving back in July/August.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Traffic fell away completely after the bypass opened but has slowly trickled back.
    I spoke with the Behan lad who runs the Esso garage & he said his turnover dropped 50% but he cut his cloth & is doing alright.
    The new primary school has opened & is in the great position of having excess capacity.
    I think it got built based on the projected housing development that never went ahead, pity it all got stalled waiting for the sewage works.
    Still too many derelict shops in the town for my liking but cheaper rents may encourage some brave startup business.
    Kilkea Castle & the golf club closed at Christmas until a new buyer is found.
    That's all I can think of.

Best of luck with the return.

Thanks Rabidlamb, appreciate the update. It would be great if Kildare COCO could do a bit of rejuvenation on the derelict shop fronts. Really takes away from the village. Hopefully things will start picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NeilHammer

Hi there!
    My son goes to the creche in Castledermot at present!
    All the staff are really nice and are very good with the children! Whilst my son hasn't been there long, he really does seem to be benefiting from it and seems to enjoy his days there! He is clingy in the mornings but at his age it's to be expected I think!
    I like that they have fresh food cooked on site every day and there are 2 alternate play areas for the kids to use!!!

I would recommend them to anyone to be honest

Neil

• Advertisement

Hi Neil,
    Delighted to get your comment. We will be moving back shortly so will need to go around to see the creche and hopefully get my son set up there. It's great to hear that the staff and very good and the fresh food is important. It might take him a while to settle but great to have a creche nearby. Thanks again for this.

I would suggest that if visiting the creche, you call round unannounced to start with!
    doing this, will give you a truer representation of the daily activities of the children and staff!
    Rates are fair to cheap especially when compared to the establishment my son used to attend closer to my wifes work in Citywest!

Thanks Neil, popping in unannounced is a great idea. I phoned them looking for rates and nearly fell off my chair.. my son is currently in creche near my job in Celbridge and the rates are nearly twice that in CD. Couldnt believe it. Thanks!!

I found the same thing!!!
    80 euro a week for him being there 2 days a week!
    That's not bad when you consider rates elsewhere around the country and what I was paying before being made unemployed!!!
    Plus the days are shorter now since he isn't spending an hour each way travelling any more!!!

Advertisement