Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My @eircom email and being disconnected

Options
  • 18-01-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

so, cut a long story short, rang eircom today and ended my contract for broadband and phone, i will be dissconnected within the next 24/48 hours.

whoever i totally forgot that i have 2 @eircom addresses in full usage. and have signed up with many sites with them.

i have spend many hours today already transferring those @eircom sign ups to a new gmail account,

but all is not done yet, so the question is. will i still have usage of the @eircom addresses although the contract is ended? if yes, for how long and if no how can i get any mails redirected , if at all possible ? or can anyone give any info on this situation .

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

so, cut a long story short, rang eircom today and ended my contract for broadband and phone, i will be dissconnected within the next 24/48 hours.

whoever i totally forgot that i have 2 @eircom addresses in full usage. and have signed up with many sites with them.

i have spend many hours today already transferring those @eircom sign ups to a new gmail account,

but all is not done yet, so the question is. will i still have usage of the @eircom addresses although the contract is ended? if yes, for how long and if no how can i get any mails redirected , if at all possible ? or can anyone give any info on this situation .

thanks.

Hi Chloroplast,

Thanks for your query.

You don't have to worry about your @eircom.net email address(es). You can keep these for as long as you like. They will only expire over prolonged non-usage (i.e: if you don't use your eircom account(s) for approximately 6 months).

Please let me know if you need further assistance or if I can help you with any thing else.

kind regards
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

nice one, cheers.

as i said, i am clearing them out and transferring them to gmail, but i know there's some sites where i forgot passwords etc, and they will just automatically send em to the eircom one.

that's grand,

thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

nice one, cheers.

as i said, i am clearing them out and transferring them to gmail, but i know there's some sites where i forgot passwords etc, and they will just automatically send em to the eircom one.

that's grand,

thanks for that.

You could setup a forwarding rule in your Eircom accounts to forward any e-mails you receive on to your new Gmail account.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

thanks for the info, that's a good solution, coz i want to get rid of the whole pop3/outlook express thing altogether , cheers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Chloroplast

I revieved notification that you had posted us re bad your experience with customer complaint, however cannot locate this post on any thread. I can see you have cancelled your account however if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.
    My apologies that your issue was not dealt with correctly.
    Tony

• Advertisement
Advertisement