Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Westport

• 18-01-2011 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Just looking for a bit of advice on what the best options are for Broadband around the town of Westport? Currently have 3 Mobile Broadband, very hit and miss, useless for RTE player, youtube etc, fine for checking emails, was a cheap option at the time, but need a better quality connection now. Just wondering what provider others use and if they'd recommend it?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

We have Westnet and find them spot on, I work from home on 3 days a week and its sound for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anoh77

yop wrote: »
    We have Westnet and find them spot on, I work from home on 3 days a week and its sound for that.
    Thanks for that. One quick question on it, we actually live in a ground floor apt, does getting connected up with Westnet involve getting some sort of external receiver box fitted to the roof or high up on your house? Could be a problem in our place, but something I need to check out.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep Westnet: Paul

anoh77 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. One quick question on it, we actually live in a ground floor apt, does getting connected up with Westnet involve getting some sort of external receiver box fitted to the roof or high up on your house? Could be a problem in our place, but something I need to check out.
    The short answer is: it depends. Give us a call and we'll come out and check it out with no obligation. If we can help, we will.

If you want to PM me with details of where you are, I might have an idea of whether we can help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Eircon offer at least 8mb in Westport, could be higher now, though you have to pay the line rental which ends up €60 pm all in.

Advertisement