Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone or DigiWeb ADSL

• 18-01-2011 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Looks like these it's a choice between these two. Wondering what peoples experience of either have been in terms of broadband service and customer service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

shayser wrote: »
    Looks like these it's a choice between these two. Wondering what peoples experience of either have been in terms of broadband service and customer service.

I've been with VF Home BB bundle (7 Mb) for about 2 years - a few minor hiccups initially, but solid ever since - getting approx 6Mb consistently download, with good ping times.

Based in Cork and about 1.5 miles to the exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Anyone else with either of these two providers?

Went with 3 3G in the end. I'm a big fan of cowboys and indians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I've vodafone broadband for the last ~5 years (BT up til a year or so ago) and I'm going to be changing it soon. Over the last number of months, after numerous calls to their tech support I've finally had enough of the random disconnects and unreliable service.

Recon wrote: »
    I've vodafone broadband for the last ~5 years (BT up til a year or so ago) and I'm going to be changing it soon. Over the last number of months, after numerous calls to their tech support I've finally had enough of the random disconnects and unreliable service.
    Thanks for the response. Seems to be a lot of unhappy Vodafone campers around. Don't see much comment on Digiweb, but will probably go with them, even though it's not as good (monetary) value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I just got UPC installed around an hour ago, 20 MB connection. I was getting download speeds of > 1 MB a second.

I'll post again in a few days if you like and let you know how it's going.

Recon wrote: »
    I just got UPC installed around an hour ago, 20 MB connection. I was getting download speeds of > 1 MB a second.

I'll post again in a few days if you like and let you know how it's going.
    The stuff of dreams! Sadly, not available in my area...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not Vodafone anyway worst fixed line experience I've ever had, stay clear 1000's of posts here with people with ongoing problems.

Ive just taken the plunge with digiweb hopefully it will be ok, saving just over 500 euro a year versus Eircom over 2 lines. Any hiccups and I'll be straight back to Eircom, not prepared for any more messing from phone companies after being with Vodafone.
    I was advised digiweb were the best of the rest so just have to wait and see.

Not Vodafone anyway worst fixed line experience I've ever had, stay clear 1000's of posts here with people with ongoing problems.

Ive just taken the plunge with digiweb hopefully it will be ok, saving just over 500 euro a year versus Eircom over 2 lines. Any hiccups and I'll be straight back to Eircom, not prepared for any more messing from phone companies after being with Vodafone.
    I was advised digiweb were the best of the rest so just have to wait and see.
    Thanks for the info..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 custard

Hi- against all some online comments I changed from Digiweb to Vodafone. Under Digiweb's original plan I got circa 6mb/s and then signed to a phone and broadband bundle 18 months ago- also claimed 7mb/s. Guess what- speed reduced to 4.3mb/s and the "free" calls to UK bundle and internet cost EU55 per month. Last bill I got with EU12 of extra calls cost EU85 for 1 month. Changing to Vodafone my speed is back up close to 6mb/s and the customer service has been very good (no, really!). I also get 200min free to 3 vodafone numbers- although I don't seem to be able to access these to activate on the vodafone website (cost EU49). I'll let you know if things disimprove or improve. It will be interesting to see who SKY team up with here in Ireland when they launch broadband next year. The telephony/internet/movies etc paradigm will push speed requirements beyond what the lacadasical Eircom maintain they can afford. "Last year 60,000 customers came back to Eircom"...yeah- how many more left that mediocre ship. Their "next generation" broadband defines the mediocre speeds around this country and places us alongside Mosambique in terms of broadband speeds. In Northern Ireland internet costs around Stg12.99 for 24mb/s available everywhere (100% coverage). We are truly rip-off here and the politicians are hopelessly deluded that as long as Dublin has fibre optic broadband that's fine. Not so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No real need to drag up a year old topic for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement