Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fix toilet flush?

Options
  • 18-01-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All, hoping someone can help with this so I don't need to call a plumber again.

I'd the toilet siphon replaced recently. Now the wire that connects the flush handle has become disconnected from the rod that pulls up to create the flush(is it called a lift rod?). Unfortunately this rod has now sunk down so far into its hole that I cannot re-connect the wire.

I've tried poking it back out of the hole with the tip of a blade, screwdriver etc but it wont budge.

Theres a very narrow gap between the siphon(at least I'm guessing its the siphon) and the base of the tank. I've tried sliding hands and implements in here to see if I can push the rod up from inside, but the gap is too small.

Any suggestions as to how I can pull the rod out enough to be able to reconnect the wire? I don't want to have to disconnect the siphon or anything in case I cause major damage, if it comes to that I will call a plumber.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its actually called a "c link" and if its fallen down and you cannot reach it then buy another. A temp solution is a coat hanger but get the link as the coat hanger rusts..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

I have screwed a screw onto the top of this in 2 different locations to get a grip on it to pull the rod up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 write

leex wrote: »
    I have screwed a screw onto the top of this in 2 different locations to get a grip on it to pull the rod up.
    Thanks leex that might work, I'll give it a go :)

Advertisement