Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

first time rent allowance question

• 18-01-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hello people !

So im a mature student gone back to university and i'm on the back to education allowance, i have been renting my in new house near the college now for 6 months which i see is the minimum requirement before you can apply
    I live with my girlfriend and our 3 yr old toddler, rent is 720 a month, which my gf pays and i spend my btea on the creche in UL 160 a week
    so im just wondering would i qualify for a payment, i saw this screencap on the citzen info site, just wondering what does it mean, or what assistance i might receive, my gf works full time & earns about 450 a week i think
    any info appreciated

thank you

Maximum rent levels for each county
    These are the maximum rent levels from 16 June 2010 (the HSE may set lower rates for areas within each county)
    :

captureto.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

If your gf works full time you won't be entitled to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JavaBeans

ok thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭shoegirl

RealistSpy wrote: »
    If your gf works full time you won't be entitled to anything.

Its possible that your GF might be entitled to Family Income Supplement if she works more than 30 hours a week.

Advertisement