Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Donegal

Options
  • 18-01-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Folks,

trying to get a location for my stag in August this year. Thinking about Donegal, but NOT the usual Donegal town or Letterkenny. Was also thinking, as an activity, of playing 5-a-side football. Can you guys suggest anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Ballybofey/Stranorlar are the only place I can of. Plenty of pubs etc but has a 5 a side football pitch in the finn valley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maximusimo

Oh yeah, I probably should have said am getting married in Ballybofey so its out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

How about aranmore Island, i know it used to be a big spot for stags, don't know about recently, but you'll not get a 5 a side out there, but pretty much every decent sized town has 5 a side pitches so im sure dungloe has one somewhere?

Other that that how about Ardara / glenties, loads of pubs and a night club down there....

Yeah been to Arranmore and because wouldnt mind an activity of some sort it might be out. Will check out around Dungloe or Glenties about football - Glenties is a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Termonator

Dungloe has an astro turf pitch alright but is pretty dead these days and probably not the most lively of places for a stag.

If you had your game there, few pints in the town, few more in Burtonport until you are ready for Arranmore and have the fast ferry booked it could work out alright.

What date in August?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Zon

<snip>

Troll somewhere else please

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry ?

Plenty of pubs/clubs, astro pitches, plus cheap hotel rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

maximusimo wrote: »
    Yeah been to Arranmore and because wouldnt mind an activity of some sort it might be out. Will check out around Dungloe or Glenties about football - Glenties is a good spot.

I See they have a nine hole pitch and putt on Arranmore:

http://www.arranmoreco-op.com/PitchPuttCourse.htm

And with schools on the island there is bound to be a 5 a side pitch.

Ah cheers for that, might just look into it.

Sorry, second last weekend in August 19/20th. Derry defo not an option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

maximusimo wrote: »

There is a nice new Floodlit Astro turf pitch available at the Dolmen Centre, Narin, which is around 15min from Glenties. For bookings ring 074-9545010. Glenties is a good spot but like a lot of places it is very quiet at the moment. Hopefully it will be busy in August. The owners of the Limelight have just spent half a million revamping the place so hopefully that will help draw people in.

Advertisement