Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing in bathrooms etc from Germany

Options
  • 18-01-2011 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Looking at prices for sanitaryware, tiles, rads etc & looking like the prices and range from the german online store are going to be hard to beat. Have been looking in particular at Reuter bathrooms( www.reuter-bathrooms.com). Anyone ordered from them in recent times & is the price differential ( seems to be 30% or more) worth it versus the local service?

Any experience appreciated as it is an expensive line item

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 architeuse

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Looking at prices for sanitaryware, tiles, rads etc & looking like the prices and range from the german online store are going to be hard to beat. Have been looking in particular at Reuter bathrooms( www.reuter-bathrooms.com). Anyone ordered from them in recent times & is the price differential ( seems to be 30% or more) worth it versus the local service?

Any experience appreciated as it is an expensive line item

Did you check the delivery costs? Are the 30% difference in the price including the shipping?
    There might be a problem with the lighting due to a difference in the regulations for electricity and lighting in bathrooms in the two countries. Have a look around exclusive bathroom shops in your area. I know that our local shops, Wexford area, are sometimes importing bathroom furniture from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Holy crap!!! Reuter own brand medium (not premium, MEDIUM) 800x800 quad shower enclosure €1112.97 plus €94 delivery!! You must be made of money, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

All constructive comments welcome.

From what I can see , there certain german brands at half the irish retail price even after shipping ...and I've no intention of getting such a daft shower; Gulliver you must be bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Well, I'm looking for sanitaryware myself and I thought there might be a cheaper quad enclosure on the site but they all seem to be that price or above. I'm not into brands, really. As a matter of interest, what did you find cheaper than in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 2sounds

Ive been considering this too, although my build has been stop start so ive not though about it in a while. I contacted megabad/reuters (cant remember which ) a while back with some questions and got satisfactiory answers. Delivery is calculated by the actual goods , each is indexed etc. Its all branded stuff too durvit/villeroy and bosch etc. I picked out a load of stuff and did a direct price comparison and yes it seems like the far cheaper option. I then went to a local supplier here with the import price and a list of what I wanted, after looking at it for a few minutes he said he would do it for the same....its about 2 months since I spoke to that guy and ive not had time to chase him up so i cant vouch for what he had agreed with..... ill need the stuff on site by april so I will be chasing him in the next few weeks and ill find out then if hes onside or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I was in the same situation as yourselves about 6 months ago. I was looking on the German site but by accident I came on this site and email the guy my list. I got villeroy and boch bathroom gear. I price here but the closest was 700 euro in difference. I wont tell you the highest. Anyway, bathsource came back cheaper than any site in German and 50/60 euro sterling to send it back. I had no hassle with anything. site is www.Bathsource.co.uk and I got the grohe taps from www.ssd-armaturenshop.de but i have also bought a kitchen tap / electric showere from www.buyaparcel.com when some f**ker rob it from the house

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Just to close out the original questions I posed in jan:

we ended up ordering all the sanitary ware from Reuter Badshop. Tried to get prices that were anyway similar from the suppliers here but they would not budge & the difference was 40% incl shipping. Would have prefered to buy here but certainly not at that premium. SSD armaturen and another UK website were cheaper generally for taps

With Reuters, payment was by bank transfer which was a little nervewracking until they confirmed receipt, deliver time was about 5 weeks whilst they got the various parts together. They delivered a day early & arranged for a free courier pick up because we had ordered the wrong flush plates, was all very low hassle. Good experience, great website in english,staff had a little limited english but was no issue, unbeatable selection & prices - well recommended

Advertisement