Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband help

Options
  • 18-01-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

I was on 24mb broadband and all was fine. 6 months or so ago we moved house and we started experiencing problems. The internet would just cut out randomly several times a day and we were getting nowhere near 24mb.
    I figured our new line probably wasn't capable of the 24mb so I changed to 8mb NG. We still have problems. Internet still cuts out and now we are getting nowhere near 8mb.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

I was on 24mb broadband and all was fine. 6 months or so ago we moved house and we started experiencing problems. The internet would just cut out randomly several times a day and we were getting nowhere near 24mb.
    I figured our new line probably wasn't capable of the 24mb so I changed to 8mb NG. We still have problems. Internet still cuts out and now we are getting nowhere near 8mb.

Hi Quiet_thought,

Can you direct message me with your eircom broadband telephone number and I can look into your speed issues for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Choclolate

i moved house and the new adaptor for the phone line acted as a filter for trhe broadband reducing my 4mB to .5.

Have you the right connection in the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

I've plugged it directly into the main phone line and it's still the same so it's not that.

I've plugged it directly into the main phone line and it's still the same so it's not that.

Hi,

I got your DM I will look into it and get back to you with an update in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

Any news on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Quiet_though
    will chase this with Mark and get back to you today.
    Tony

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi,

Hi Quiet_thought,

I was speaking to managers in broadband technical support and the confirmed that your bandwith and DSL sync are consistant for an NGB package.

Have you changed your modem or are using more wireless devices over the last 6 months?

Also if you are accessing the internet wirelessly have you insured the wireless conenction is secure and no one else is using it?

Here is a link to wireless security on our forum - http://bit.ly/cBz5Nj

Can you check the tips and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement