Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RyanAir - Xmas snow - Right to care compensation

Options
  • 18-01-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I sent the following letter off to RyanAir compensation department in Dublin airport on the 4th of January. I believe according to NOTICE OF YOUR RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF DENIED BOARDING, FLIGHT DELAY OR FLIGHT CANCELLATION – Version 8, link here ... http://www.ryanair.com/doc/faqs/eu261-en.pdf

that I am entitled to compensation, however may be not because the cancellation was due to weather, I see they have updated the doc to version 9 on the 14th.

To whom it concerns

During the recent bad weather I was due to travel with Ryanair on Thu, 23/December/2010 Flight 229 Depart STN at 2045 and arrive DUB at 2200. My Reservation number was xxxxxx. This flight was delayed and then cancelled.

However I managed to get a flight from Liverpool to Cork & rebook my flight online using the same reservation number on flight FR9895 on the following day.

This meant I had to travel by train to Liverpool at a cost of £65.20 (Sterling) & book a hotel at Liverpool Airport for the night of the 23rd at a cost of £59.00 (Sterling).

Under section 3 “RIGHT TO CARE” of the “NOTICE OF YOUR RIGHTS IN THE EVENT OF DENIED BOARDING, FLIGHT DELAY OR FLIGHT CANCELLATION – Version 8” document, I believe I am entitled to a full refund of both the train ticket & the hotel given that the alternative flight on offer was a day later on the 24th and in a different airport. That is a total of £124.20(Sterling).

• The train ticket was bought with cash and a receipt/ticket is enclosed.
    • The hotel was booked online with a credit card and a receipt is also attached with a section of my visa bill showing the charge by “gosimply.com” for the Hampton by Hilton hotel at John Lennon Liverpool airport. The value on the visa card is shown in Euro as €72.47.

Yours Sincerely,
    xxxxx.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement