Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bus to keep or not to keep?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

loyatemu wrote: »
    maybe prove them wrong by slashing their tyres? :pac:

more seriously, I used the bus for 3 years, I never saw any evidence of widespread abuse (unless you count the odd superquinn\café employee using it to get to work).
    Post reported for encouraging illegal behaviour.

;)

It's not widespread, but it does happen. Who's to know if you don't see them parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dr ro wrote: »
    why couldn't All Charlesland residents who want one be issued a card for use on the bus, everyone with a Charlesland address who applies, gets one. Not one house one card. And if you don't produce your card on the bus you pay.

it would cost money to administer, making the service more expensive for residents. Is the bus ever full these days? If not, then there's no point in trying to restrict it. (it used to fill occasionally when there was a smaller bus on the route)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Post reported for encouraging illegal behaviour.

;)

It's not widespread, but it does happen. Who's to know if you don't see them parking?

Lol... You obviously failed to read his entire post.

Great service. Wouldn't like to see it go.

Lol... You obviously failed to read his entire post.

Great service. Wouldn't like to see it go.
    Oh dear. Did you fall into the sarchasm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Oh dear. Did you fall into the sarchasm?

Via text? It simply doesn't work. It's impossible to tell.

• Advertisement

Via text? It simply doesn't work. It's impossible to tell.
    Hence the ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 threetrouts

Any truth to the rumour that shuttle bus is to be pulled at the end of March due to rising costs and people not paying management fees. Apparently it will lead to almost anywhere from 80 to 220 reduction in fees depending on what type of unit you occupy and less than 20% of residents use it (some survey or poll done) and the bulk of these are renting .Apparently the planning stipulated it had to stay until alternatives were provided by public transport so we have got dublin bus going past the dart for the last 3 years therefore why didnt they make this saving for us then. Got it from driver this morning says his companys finishing up at end of March and there will be no replacement.:):)happy days at least one bill will be less this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

So if they scrap the bus (which I sincerely hope they don't as I use it every day) what exactly will our management fees cover? Printing fees for threatening letters to tell us to take down our Sky dishes? Occasional cutting of the grass? The fees certainly didn't pay for clearing the paths during the freeze, even though it's in the contract. My neighbour rang and was told they didn't have the resources to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

happy days at least one bill will be less this year.
    we've already received a bill from wyse - my guess is that it won't go down

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

I for one am disappointed to hear it will go. Its the only constant thing that my fees cover and it provides an excellent service.
    We have used it probably twice in 4 years but its a great selling point and excellent if you have friends visiting or indeed if you get stuck.

Do fairways management fees also contribute towards it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Any truth to the rumour that shuttle bus is to be pulled at the end of March due to rising costs and people not paying management fees. Apparently it will lead to almost anywhere from 80 to 220 reduction in fees depending on what type of unit you occupy and less than 20% of residents use it (some survey or poll done) and the bulk of these are renting .Apparently the planning stipulated it had to stay until alternatives were provided by public transport so we have got dublin bus going past the dart for the last 3 years therefore why didnt they make this saving for us then. Got it from driver this morning says his companys finishing up at end of March and there will be no replacement.:):)happy days at least one bill will be less this year.

Were are you getting this information from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 threetrouts

The bus driver yesterday and my neighbour who was on the bus filled me in on dart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

loyatemu wrote: »

more seriously, I used the bus for 3 years, I never saw any evidence of widespread abuse (unless you count the odd superquinn\café employee using it to get to work).

Does Superquinn not pay substantial fees to the management company?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

trad wrote: »
    Does Superquinn not pay substantial fees to the management company?
    no as they onle lease the property. its not up to them to pay but the landlord

Damo9090 wrote: »
    Were are you getting this information from?
    FWIW, I heard this from a pretty reliable source too.

Who actually makes these decisions and why is there not more input from the residents before they make them? Surely such a change should involve actually notifying the residents and not just suddenly withdrawing the service while some people stand there waiting for the bus one day...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Think i will close this till i am PM'ed with some solid info.

It's definite. Withdrawn from end March due to prohibitive costs associated with service.

All owners will be written to shortly.

My "pretty reliable" source texted me complaining about only being "pretty reliable"! :)

I guess now we'll have to wait and see how much our service charges will be reduced.

I guess now we'll have to wait and see how much our service charges will be reduced.

If we've already paid will we be refunded??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

mike/damo please can we close this until official notification is sent out which will explain everything

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Absolute disaster if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keelers

I don't believe this service is in any way sustainable in the current environment.
    There are more than sufficient alternatives and the possibility that Dublin bus might reduce its service is a ridiculous reason to maintain a service that would cost 75K this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

If the bus goes then Im sure someone somewhere has a empty bus not doing anything and if they were to use a pay as you go system instead of us all paying for something that alot of us haven't even set foot on...

Why should someone pay for something that they dont use is beyond me...?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cranipea

People who live in Charlesland pay for this service because they signed up for it when they bought a house there. Everyone was well aware of this service. Its a pity there wasnt some consultation with the residents before deciding to stop the service.I dont use it but will be sorry to see it go as its got me to the dart station in the snow when nothing else could! I also think its a great selling point when trying to rent a house/room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

It's definite. Withdrawn from end March due to prohibitive costs associated with service.

All owners will be written to shortly.

My "pretty reliable" source texted me complaining about only being "pretty reliable"! :)

Is this an official statement from any of the management companies? I heard on the bus today that the bus being pulled was just a rumor. (First I had heard about it all)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

The driver told me this evening that he has heard nothing about this other than from bus passengers who have been reading this thread. He reckons it's someone spreading rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

somebody go in and ask Katie Wright - she presumably knows whats happening...

Yeah. Just a rumour. That's it...

I have absolutely nothing better to do, so I just pull stories out of my ass and post them here. Of course.

Next time, I'll keep the info I get to myself. Happy reading. Letters will be in the post shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anniec

So looking forward to being blocked on bOards for this statement but thanks a f#^** lot ! trainers it is to get to train station!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I don't know what the big deal is...the monorail from the train station to Charlesland is due to be completed at the same time as the harbour. There will be a Luas connection at the Greystones Transport interchange...sure it's all hear say...except for the shuttle bus being cancelled :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement