Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber in Galway Best Value

Options
  • 18-01-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Anyone know where the best value timber is around Galway. Looking for 4"x1" 3"x1", 4"x2" lengths and some 1/4" mdf and marine ply- doesn't need to be treated or planed as it's for an indoor DIY workbench. Delivery would be good but can manage to pick it up.

Any info appreciated
    Thanks
    MC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Try Mcdonoghs 091-779200

or O'Higgins 091-522411

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I get most of my wood in Brooks, find them quite good price wise, although they keep a much lower stock now days. Worth pricing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭mchammer

galwayrush wrote: »
    I get most of my wood in Brooks, find them quite good price wise, although they keep a much lower stock now days. Worth pricing them.

thanks
    brooks cheaper - not by a whole lot but I'm a tight c

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

mchammer wrote: »
    thanks
    brooks cheaper - not by a whole lot but I'm a tight c

Did you try Geraghty's in Knockdoe. Heard they were quite reasonable. Never dealt with them though.

Advertisement