Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crack in fridge liner

• 18-01-2011 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

I have a crack or really a small hole in the plastic liner on the inside of my fridge. Does anyone know what kind of sealant I can use to plug the hole as it is causing a leak that needs to be mopped out ocasionally?

Obviously it needs to be 'food friendly' and resistant to cold.

Tks
    GK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

http://www.geocel.co.uk/product.aspx?id=121&pr=dc7s

You can use this. Bear in mind that this is refridgeration grade silicone and not standard silicone. DO NOT be tempted to use any other grand of silicone especially sanitary seal as it contains a chemical to prevent mold growth which will effect food stuffs in your fridge and possibly make you sick.

If you are tempted to try any normal silicone get a neutral silcone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 trinitylucan

Tks Joey - I'll go for the recommended product.

I've searched a few places online and can only find the product in the UK. Costs around 4-5 quid but then about 40 quid to ship it.

Do you happen to know where I can source it in Dublin/Ireland?

Hope the sax playing is going well :)

GK

Advertisement