Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pienaar signs for Spurs over Chelsea

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think he is a great signing for Spurs. He can pretty much play across the midfield. He basically adds high quality depth. I'm sure there are players heading off before the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Wenger's been stockpiling for years, now Redknapp's doing the same.

I think in about five years when 'Arry starts to take stock of the wages he's stockpiled the two managers will have very different options open to them.

£70k per week for Pienaar is ludicrous wages imo. Its a bad sign when Chelsea won't even pay the money you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Quazzie wrote: »
    I think in about five years when 'Arry starts to take stock of the wages he's stockpiled the two managers will have very different options open to them.

£70k per week for Pienaar is ludicrous wages imo. Its a bad sign when Chelsea won't even pay the money you are.

All the talk in the Chelsea thread was about him being a decent option for 3million but not for 70k a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I agree that Chelsea needed him more than Spurs. Chelseas squad is threadbare and they need to sign players as they simply cannot afford any more injuries. If anything happened to Malouda they would be in more trouble than they already are. Spurs have a load of decent midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i think pienaar is better than lennon so will play a lot from the right while being back up to vdv and bale aswell. he will get plenty of gametime and play a very important part of their squad imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

monkey9 wrote: »
    First of all, Piennaar is a quality player. A really really good player!!

But you have to laugh at Harry!! The bloke is addicted to signing players!! He can't help himself.

And then he goes mental with Sky when they call him a wheeler deeler. Sure all he ever does is wheel and deals while talking about other clubs players!!

He's addicted to this. When was the last transfer window that Del Boy Redknapp did not sign anyone. I bet you can't find any!!

"Triffic player. Triffic player, Sign him up. Offer 3 million. No higher."

"But Harry, he's a dog. And he can't even catch the frisbee".

"But he has the protential to be a top top triffic frisbee catching dog. I can handle it, for Christsake. Come on, just give a signing. Any signing. I CAN HANDLE IT!!!"

In the past 3 transfer windows Reknapp has signed 8 players:

January 2010 - Younes Kaboul & Eidur Gudjohnsen (loan)
    Summer 2010 - Rafael van der Vaart, William Gallas, Sandro & Stipe Pletikosa
    January 2011 - Bongani Khumalo & Steven Pienaar

I don't agree that is a crazy amount of players to have signed over that period, and all those players have played an important part, filled a need or are options for the future.

As for Pienaar, he gives us options for RM, LM and AMC, so basically he is quality cover for Lennon, Bale and VDV. I can see him pushing Lennon for a place on the right when everyone is fit.

Also, has anyone produced a source that confirms that Pienaar will get 70k a week at Spurs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

BERBA wrote: »
    and we get the 6m sunderland owe us still when we sold em bent ....all good;)

Thank chri$t we got our money back for Bent...phew!

Good Man.:p

It is a good signing for spuds, Chelsea fans must be a bit concerned that he chose Tottenham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The Muppet wrote: »

It is a good signing for spuds, Chelsea fans must be a bit concerned that he chose Tottenham.

Not really, we wouldn't give him 70,000 a week as he's not worth that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Muppet wrote: »

No concern over inthe Chelsea thread anyway, we missed a decent option for cheap money but he isnt worth 70k a week, if we werent going to pay J.Cole 80k there was no way Pienaar was going to get that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

He's nothing special, PL experience and a goosd passer, but I would take Sanchez over him every day of the week. :)

Advertisement