Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3G and Three No Service

Options
  • 18-01-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1.

I used Redsn0w to Jailbreak and I used Ultrasn0w to unlock it.

I was on Meteor and the phone worked perfectly now problems. I just switched to Three and when I put in the new sim I recieved the message "No Service".

I went to Settings -> Carrier and I was given the options:3, 3 (3G), IRL - Meteor and 02 IRL

When I selected 3(3G) I recieved the message "Network Lost. Your selected cellular network is no longer available. Dismiss or Settings" I selected dismiss but still no service. I selected 3 and I recieved the error same message I selected dismiss and still no service.

I put the new sim into my old Sony Ericcson W995 and it worked straight away. When I put the sim card back into my iPhone I got reception for about 30 seconds and was even able to make a call but then no service returned.

I went back into Settings -> Carrier and selected 3. I soft rebooted the iPhone at this point. Once I restarted I had Three signal but no 3G. 3G is turned on. I have tried resetting network settings and also resetting all Settings but this had no effect at all. I've tried putting the phone into Airplan mode as well still no effect.

I have tried a Vodafone and Meteor sim in the phone and both of them worked straight away with 3G without having to choose the carrier.

I saw a similar enough problem on boards but there was no resolution.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

soceal wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Jailbroken iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1.

I used Redsn0w to Jailbreak and I used Ultrasn0w to unlock it.

I was on Meteor and the phone worked perfectly now problems. I just switched to Three and when I put in the new sim I recieved the message "No Service".

I went to Settings -> Carrier and I was given the options:3, 3 (3G), IRL - Meteor and 02 IRL

When I selected 3(3G) I recieved the message "Network Lost. Your selected cellular network is no longer available. Dismiss or Settings" I selected dismiss but still no service. I selected 3 and I recieved the error same message I selected dismiss and still no service.

I put the new sim into my old Sony Ericcson W995 and it worked straight away. When I put the sim card back into my iPhone I got reception for about 30 seconds and was even able to make a call but then no service returned.

I went back into Settings -> Carrier and selected 3. I soft rebooted the iPhone at this point. Once I restarted I had Three signal but no 3G. 3G is turned on. I have tried resetting network settings and also resetting all Settings but this had no effect at all. I've tried putting the phone into Airplan mode as well still no effect.

I have tried a Vodafone and Meteor sim in the phone and both of them worked straight away with 3G without having to choose the carrier.

I saw a similar enough problem on boards but there was no resolution.

Any help is much appreciated.

Automatic should be your selection, for a start, and some people reckon to enable data roaming as well, as the 2G is effectively "roaming" on teh Vodafone network

• Registered Users Posts: 16 soceal

Tried this and still no service. I also soft restarted but it had no effect.

I just can't understand how the other sims work and the 3 sim doesn't.

The only other thing I did which might have an effect is I changed to baseband to 06.15.00 could this be it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bobslifeforu

I have the exact same problem! i was using my Iphone 3G on 3's best of both package for nearly a year and i have just received a new sim because i changed to the smartflex plan and now my iphone can't get signal on 3G using automatic or manual carrier settings when selecting the 3(3g) as the carrier but the 3 2g service is working fine. i've tried using a vodafone sim in the same phone and i can use 3g no prob.

I had no service at all after 3 ported my number to the new sim so I called 3 tech support on this and they done a full troubleshoot and finished with the classic "your handset was not purchased from 3 so it's obviously at fault". i then went to the 3 store today and a shop rep put her sim in and had the same problem so she said its the phone too, we then put my sim back in and the phone joined the 2g network and received a text, ive since restarted the phone and can see consistent connection failures when trying to use 3's 3G network.

im on iOS 3.1.3, the phone has been genuinely unlocked by 02/apple and was working with no problems on the three network from feb 2010 to jan 2011. The phone had been upgraded to iOS 4.2 and i had to downgrade to 3.1.3 due to 4.2 being so slow on the iPhone 3G :(

The only reasons i can think of why my phone has stopped working since ive got this new sim is:

*3 is giving out new simcards that are not compatible with iphone 3Gs
    *iOS 4.2 baseband firmware upgrade is not compatible with three's network settings on the iPhone 3G :s

Patrick from 3 can you shine any light on this???

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

I just wanted to let you know that I recently just jailbroke an iPhone 3G and a 3GS for two friends who just moved to 3 and its working fine with new 3 sims and baseband 6..The only difference was they were both on ios 4.2. Dont know if this helps but just to let you know that they are compatible

• Registered Users Posts: 7 michael_r

I am currently having the same problem described above. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

Hi I've just bought a 3 sim and am having this problem. How did you guys solve it?

Sorry forgot to mention mine is iphone 4 and jailbroken. Is my iphone bricked? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

@thomas
    Is your iphone4 unlocked?

I think so I installed Ultrasnow, but it was originally bought from 3 and I'm using it on 3 now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Faulty sim cards? Drop into a 3 store and get the sim replaced

• Advertisement

Yeah got the sim replaced last night, rang customer care to set it up and they said it could take up to 24 hours to activate so I'll have to wait. I'm going to ring aswell today to see if the imei is blocked in case it was a stolen phone when I bought it. I really hope it wasn't.

Well turns out a new sim did the trick :)...too bad I updated to 4.3.5 now so can't jailbreak :(...thanks for the help though!!!

Advertisement