Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before Landing in Oz - Passenger Card

Options
  • 18-01-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

Guys

Before landing in Oz make sure you have your Passenger Card filled out correct

What is a passenger Card ?

passenger_Card.jpg

passenger_Card_back.jpg

I'm sure from Nothing to Declare you'll have seen they get pissed off at Custom control if you don't declare stuff and they find it. If in doubt always declare as they take it much easier on you if you do and a lot of the time you get through customs quicker than the other que .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If you declare stuff like chocoloate they won't even check your bag and you'll just be waved on through (happened me again just last week). If I hadn't said anything and I was randomly checked they'd have been pretty pissed.

Always, always declare things made of wood, especially if they've been bought in Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

from customs themselves; http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4224.asp

couldn't find the passenger card, but i do notice there's a difference in the alcohol limit shown on that card here and on this guide for travellers. :D

[edit] found it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Yeah, its easy, when I flew out there last year I declared some Kelloggs bars that I had in my carryon as I had read online that when you declare that you can get through quicker as the queue "Goods to Declare" is often shorter than "Nothing to Declare". So I took the bars for this purpose, however at Perth this wasn't the case, as it was very quite when we landed in from Singapore in the evening and they seemed to be only processing the people from our flight.

However in Sydney I am sure it probably might be much busier which I'd say the info was more hinting towards. Either way I filled it up truthfully showed them what I was concerned about and they x-rayed my case and left me on my merry way with the bars which were a sealed product. Even if you have some stuff thats prohibited and you declare it they may allow you to have it irradiated to kill any disease. If it is prohibited they will seize it but nothing will happen as you declared it (so long as its not drugs etc!). Not declaring something prohibited is just not worth the hassle as they will find it and you will be in trouble.

They do the quarantine measures after you clear immigration also.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

My only declaration was drugs (non prohibited drugs obv) and I was through quicker than others with nothign to declare.

I was asked to open my bag after the x-ray scan, for a quick look at my boots (so make sure they aren't buried in the middle)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The little beagle dogs sniff out ANY food. If they are around they will find anything you have stuffed away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement