Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help...mistakenly bought wrong stove!!

• 18-01-2011 6:08pm
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hello People,

Anybody know about stoves? I bought an olymberryl Aidan stove rated by the seller at 21 KW or good for up to 12 rads.
    Today in order to lift it easier for installation I removed the door and there was a little plate which said Warrior Aidan stove, room output 4.9kw an boiler 7.2 kw ?? I was very confused. I checked the web an sure enough there are 2 Aidan stoves. One is manufactured by Warrior, the other by Olymberryl !! They look very similar but the warrior website states the same info as on the metal plate. The Olymberryl site states 21 kw. I called the the guy I bought it off. He said they are all the same. That he knows for a fact it’s the same stove only with a slightly different surround and its manufactured in the same place in china. And that the one he sold me is 21 kw regardless what it says on the website or the manufactures plate!! I am doubly confused. When I enquired as to the shop placard which was on the stove in his shop he said he had only 1 placard for either one and it made no difference as they were both the same stove with the same name, Aidan. He usually had only one or the other in stock.And he could not accept a return on that basis.He may accept an exchange but I would be liable for the difference plus all transport costs which will be a few hundered.
    The warrior website looks very official and states the british test number etc. The olymberryl site looks cheap and not at all official.
    I have 12 rads so I surely do not want a stove that is too weak. At the same time to change it now would be hard as its very far from me, plus everything has been built and is ready for plumber who is coming on Thursday. I have also taken apart most of this stove as its so heavy.
    If it’s the same stove with the same output there is no need to change it?
    Does anyone know about these stoves?

Thanks a lot,.

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'd base little on the appearance of the website to be honest - that's only a few hundred quid & means nothing in relation to the quality of the stove.

I know nothing about that stove. Check on www.whatstove.co.uk to see if you can find anything about it. Also maybe www.hetas.co.uk.

If you ordered an Olymberol Aidan 21kW, then there's no reason why you should accept a Warrior Aidan 12.1kW. If the seller is a decent guy he should have no problem exchanging it. If it means putting off your plumber for a few days or weeks, so be it. Otherwise you might come to regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I would get back onto the Shop where you bought it and explain it's not what you ordered. Also ask him for what he told you in writing, if he believes the information to be correct, then he should be prepared to stand over it. I suspect he won't, and if he doesn't then it won't do 12 Rads for you.
    Let the Buyer be aware. a little tip for all when purchasing large expensive items make sure to put you request in writing to the shop. Then if there is a problem you have written confirmation of what you ordered. I have found this to save me many a headache over the years.

Advertisement