Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Activation?

• 18-01-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

We have a phoneline that I ported over to blueface, but now we have to get rid of the blueface IP phone as our stupendoues wireless boadband provider 'discontinued' their product.

I now want to get DSL Broadband with Vodafone, but we hve no physical number.

Do I now have to call Eircom to get the line activated and the phone number ported back or can Vodafone do it for me?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mfield wrote: »
    We have a phoneline that I ported over to blueface, but now we have to get rid of the blueface IP phone as our stupendoues wireless boadband provider 'discontinued' their product.

I now want to get DSL Broadband with Vodafone, but we hve no physical number.

Do I now have to call Eircom to get the line activated and the phone number ported back or can Vodafone do it for me?

Any help would be great!

Vodafone should be able to have the line enabled from their side. If you go to Eircom to enable it, they'll attempt to make you take a 6 month contract with them to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Spear wrote: »
    Vodafone should be able to have the line enabled from their side. If you go to Eircom to enable it, they'll attempt to make you take a 6 month contract with them to do so.

Thanks for that Spear, it was actually a chap in Vodafone who told me to ring Eircom, but I got a very helpful fella in there today and he sorted it all out for me. :)

Advertisement