Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with tax return on rental income please!

Options
  • 18-01-2011 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have to do tax returns on what was our main private residence until recently and is now rented out as we had to move elsewhere for work!

anyway I think I have made a list of all the items in the house deemed as fixtures and fittings but just wanted to check a couple of things if anyone has any advice!

Is an alarm included for capital tax allowance?
    Is the boiler (we had a high end condensing boiler fitted shortly before we moved out)
    There is fitted office furniture and a new solid oak kitchen can they be included?
    There was a new deck installed is that included?
    Is a garden shed a fixture?
    Finally can I assume that we should have contacted revenue to get our TRS cancelled?
    Also looks like the total is going to run to about 30k which is obviously high if it was really an investment but we had done it for ourselves with top class furniture etc is this going to cause a problem?
    Any advice is much appreciated Thanks! -

I posted this as a reply to an old post thought more likely to get an answer with new post apologies if anyone sees it twice!

CC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

edit : see an answer in a diff thread

Advertisement