Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got an opinion on the Canon 7D?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

550D Vs 7D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYif6YYVlAw

Not the most technical comparison, but pretty much sums up that there's nothing between them IQ-wise. 550D = baby 7D according to this dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi all

I recently started studying Photography at long last!

I bought the Canon 7d from here, package includes 7 lenses, 2 x 16gb memory cards, a flash, 2 bags, tripod, filters, card reader, lens cleaning kit
    http://www.getitdigital.com/package.php?id=912

It worked out at just over €2000 including postage (Fed-ex) and customs tax.

Absolutely delighted! All arrived last week in perfect condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

How good though are the likes of that long range lens? I'm guessing not very. Still loads in the pack, but alot of it you wont use or need and would probably have gotten as much if not more elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

You really need to go into one of the shops and try out both - I did and came away with the 7d. The viewfinder is much bigger and brighter plus top of the range auto focus - which admittedly you must spend some time learning. If you don't have any use for any of the focus extras, bigger viewfinder etc etc then by all means go for the 60d - which is a great bit of kit. Also, I didn't want to be getting another attack of upgraditis anytime soon - this was a one shot chance for me. As usual, YMMV......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

genie_us wrote: »
    Hi all

I recently started studying Photography at long last!

I bought the Canon 7d from here, package includes 7 lenses, 2 x 16gb memory cards, a flash, 2 bags, tripod, filters, card reader, lens cleaning kit
    http://www.getitdigital.com/package.php?id=912

It worked out at just over €2000 including postage (Fed-ex) and customs tax.

Absolutely delighted! All arrived last week in perfect condition.

Glad you got it all received. Just had a look and there are some serious complaints about the site online.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Glad you got it all received. Just had a look and there are some serious complaints about the site online.

God I never saw any of them! Phew. Although I know another person who bought from them and he recommended it to me. Maybe we were just lucky then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

genie_us wrote: »
    God I never saw any of them! Phew. Although I know another person who bought from them and he recommended it to me. Maybe we were just lucky then!

You spend €2k online without checking out the reputation of the store 1st....:eek: Your braver than me!

You spend €2k online without checking out the reputation of the store 1st....:eek: Your braver than me!

I said I didn't find any complaints I didn't say I didn't check them! Also I saw first hand what my friend got with his so I was happy to go ahead... and I'd be happy to recommend them too :)

I paid using Paypal and there's also options to take out insurance on it. Shipped with Fedex... was very happy with the service I got!

Advertisement