Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Mobile broadband, Data vs wap?

Options
  • 18-01-2011 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I recently signed up to Meteor free mobile internet but when I try to connect to the internet I am told that I have not selected a browser profile and need to choose between Meteor WAP, Meteor MMS, and Meteor Data. Are all of these covered under the free internet I have signed up to? Which one would be the fastest and have the best connection? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They should all be covered. WAP or DATA will work fine. Doesn't really matter which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GarRoIT

Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Data is faster than WAP. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

Thats what I did want to know, I suppose ill change to that now and hope its free. :)

In advanced settings for meteor data and wap the address is wap.meteor.ie should this be changed to something different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

GarRoIT wrote: »
    In advanced settings for meteor data and wap the address is wap.meteor.ie should this be changed to something different?

The Data APN is data.mymeteor.ie.

Is that everything or is there anything else I should know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I always found it odd that there was bote to be honest, but it never seemed to affect my bill.

The video player on my phone jumps to "Meteor Streaming" when playing online video too, and sometimes to "Meteor MMS"

I can't remove these, and it can be annoying when the phone opens a new connection needlessly.

I'm out in South Dublin and youtube videos take a really long time to load, this surely shouldnt be this slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 headstar23

hi all.any advice or opinions on emobile in regards to coverage etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Emobile has the same coverage as meteor

Advertisement