Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction studies portfolio

• 18-01-2011 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

i am planning on trying to get the portfolio done soon but i dont have a clue what to write in the portfolio could anyone please point me in the right direction??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

are you doing a manufacturing project or a heritage project?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I remember that there is a good link on the internet for it if anyone can remember where it was. I think it was either on a schools website or an eircom website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

eh im making a hall table fairly large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

eh im making a hall table fairly large

Write about what tools youre going to be using, the manufacturing process, what problems you experienced while making it, what inspiration you had from other pieces of furniture in your house or in shops, did you take the ergonomics into consideration, ie did you take the height average of people in your house and base your project height around that. Make a diary plan of what you plan to get done in week 1 - 20 or whatever and then do an actual diary of what you did get done and compare and contrast it and say why you didnt get some things done in time etc.. Write about different finished for your table, what varnish or stain you will use etc. And dont forget plenty of pictures. All this should be about 25 - 40 pages long. If you can try draw it up on solidworks (3D CAD programme), this way you have all your orthographic views available without having to draw them out manually, you can take photorealistic images and contrast them to the real images of how your piece turned out. This should be more than enough!

Advertisement