Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post Saving certificate question

Options
  • 18-01-2011 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

About 3 months ago i deposited a sum of money into an post using their saving certificate scheme, i have since lost my job and want to take half the money out but i'm not sure how to go about it.

Firstly how do i take the money out, can i walk in and ask for it or is there some procedure and secondly if i want to keep the rest of the money in for the desired time will the interest still be calculated at the same percentage if i have taken some out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Black Rock

Yes – you can ask for some of your money back at any time. Simply complete a withdrawal form and you will get a cheque within 7 business days. The rest of your money remains unscathed and continues to earn interest every six months as follows - .

…………………NET TAX FREE
    ………………….AER......RETURN
    Year…..½……2.01%....1.00%
    Year 1…………2.10%....2.10%
    Year 1 ½…… 2.19%....3.30%
    Year 2…………2.27%....4.60%
    Year 2 ½…….2.44%....6.20%
    Year 3…………2.60%....8.00%
    Year 3 ½…...2.76%..10.00%
    Year 4…….....2.92%..12.20%
    Year 4 ½…...3.07%.. 14.6%
    Year 5…………3.28%...17.50%