Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Yards in limerick for hub caps?

• 18-01-2011 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Looking for a scrap yard near ish to the city to get a Fiat hub cap cheaply?? Does anyone know where I should be looking?? Or even if anyone is scrapping a fiat and wouldn't mind helping out a student?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Sweeney's in Castleconnell maybe?

Edit, cheers Ulick.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Looking for a scrap yard near ish to the city to get a Fiat hub cap cheaply?? Does anyone know where I should be looking?? Or even if anyone is scrapping a fiat and wouldn't mind helping out a student?

you might want to add the wheel size or car make as Fiat's come in all shapes and sizes...

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭ullickmagee

Never heard of Rowleys.., try Bob Sweeney in Castleconnell , His number is 061 377496 he should see you right as he has a massive field full of scrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

You could say that about most Fiat dealers... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Longs in drombanna 061 414948

Bobby Sweeney castleconnell 061 377496

Auto breakers ballysheedy 061 314678

I've never had to replace a hubcap, would have thought with the amount of alloy wheels on cars these days that a new set of hubcaps were a dime a dozen? All you need is the diameter of your wheel. It should be on your tyre. You'd never know a you might be lucky to find a match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Penny Lane!

Thanks for all the help guys!! Esp about the whole diff sizes of wheels, didn't think that would make a diff??
    Hoping hub caps are a dime a dozen now, after some clown ripped one of mine off all I wanna do is get a good cheap one!!

Thanks all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Comhrá

If I recall correctly, there's a guy who sells 'used' hubcaps on Saturday morning in the Market.

You could get lucky there.

John.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

while on the subject of scrap yards in Limerick, i have a car which i will be scraping soon, its a 1999 rover 200 in perfect nick only the engine is low on compression, so do i have to pay to have it scrapped? or can i try to sell the car to the scrap yard? will they take it for nothing? thats the process exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Never heard of Rowleys.., try Bob Sweeney in Castleconnell , His number is 061 377496 he should see you right as he has a massive field full of scrap

Sorry meant Sweeney's, for some reason that's the second time I've called them Rowley's recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you know the exact type and size of wheel trim then try ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

keep an eye on lidl.ie and aldi.ie, they have sets of hubcaps every few months, like a tenner for a set.

sorry 13.99, found one of the ads from november

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_14940.htm

May as well wait for the set at that price

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The Aldi ones are brilliant for replacing a set. A little brittle though. I'd nearly buy two sets and keep one in the shed. Also, check the guy in the market on Saturday as mentioned above.

Just outside lazio's. I got a nice replacement toyota one there for a tenner. Plastic is way softer / less prone to cracking. Might be the same with the fiat ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Piriz wrote: »
    while on the subject of scrap yards in Limerick, i have a car which i will be scraping soon, its a 1999 rover 200 in perfect nick only the engine is low on compression, so do i have to pay to have it scrapped? or can i try to sell the car to the scrap yard? will they take it for nothing? thats the process exactly?

if you need it gone, i can arrange it, drop me a pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

You could probably pick up a pack of generic new hubcaps in a motor factors pretty cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Limerick IS THE BEST

buy a set in Halfords for €15.00

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Penny Lane!

Thanks for all the info guys!! Didn't make the market today, family issues but will be trying it out next week and if not I'll be taking on board all ideas you all mentioned here!! Can't believe Aldi do hubcaps?? Amazing!!
    Thanks again for all your help!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks for all the info guys!! Didn't make the market today, family issues but will be trying it out next week and if not I'll be taking on board all ideas you all mentioned here!! Can't believe Aldi do hubcaps?? Amazing!!
    Thanks again for all your help!!

Aldi only do it every couple of months as one of their special items.

Advertisement