Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom usage meter

Options
  • 18-01-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

ok anyone know if this resets itself after the 30 days as im 2 days into new month and it still has not reset..talked to eircom mark and he says its back to zero usage now but the eircom meter says i have 96 percent used so far and i dont want to go over and be charged for it even though they gave me to go ahead to download anyway.thanks in advance......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

ok anyone know if this resets itself after the 30 days as im 2 days into new month and it still has not reset..talked to eircom mark and he says its back to zero usage now but the eircom meter says i have 96 percent used so far and i dont want to go over and be charged for it even though they gave me to go ahead to download anyway.thanks in advance......

Hi alanhiggyno1,

I am checing this in detail with the eircom NGB rollout team, I will get back to you as soon as I have compete clarification.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

where do you get the meter? is it an app or something? sounds like a handy way to keep track of my download limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

bmw535d wrote: »
    where do you get the meter? is it an app or something? sounds like a handy way to keep track of my download limit.

Hi

Thanks again,

Just adding some more details on this. If you need further help or information, please refer to our Forum Threads on the same : Useage Meter - www.eircomconnect.eircom.net/forum

Regards
    Ant

(PLEASE SEE ADDITIONAL INFO BELOW)
    What is the eircom Broadband Usage Meter?

It is an application which can be installed by the customer on their computer to monitor broadband usage. If installed, this tool will also notify customers if they are approaching their usage thresholds. Notification via an on-screen pop up will be at 75% and also at 100% of total usage allowance.
    If customers have exceeded their usage allowance they will be regularly notified via the on-screen pop up. The eircom Broadband Usage Meter is accurate to within 3 hours. www.eircom.net/usagemeter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What actually happens if I go above my usage limit? Do you pay extra or what?

Is the usage meter working via router DNS settings or how does this work?

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    What actually happens if I go above my usage limit? Do you pay extra or what?

Is the usage meter working via router DNS settings or how does this work?
    #

Hi Mr_Grumpy.

If you are on an NGB package you will get charged if you exceed your monthy upload/download usage limit.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Resend

Does the usage meter send any personal info re download or other personal info...spyware?

Resend wrote: »
    Does the usage meter send any personal info re download or other personal info...spyware?

Hi Resend.

No the usage meter will only return the usage for the month when a customer has downloaded the meter and enetrs the telephone number they wish to check.

The usage information is not sent anywhere else.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement