Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Bonds

Options
  • 18-01-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭

Are these any good for long term investments i.e 10 years/ I have about 20000 euro in the creit union in a long term account but I was told that you can ean up to 50% interest on your investment with saving bonds if you keep it for 10 years

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

You're thinking of the National Solidarity Bond - works out at 3.96% per year net. (doesn't sound as good as 50% over 10 years). It's not bad - but you have to leave your money for the full 10 years to get that rate. Anything less than 5 years gets you just 0.75% a year net.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks for the info. I think I will transfer the money from the crdit union into this account. i am not planning to touch it anyway so the 10 year term would not be a problem. It sounds like a good deal and the funds would be relatively secure with An Post

Advertisement