Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface call quality

• 18-01-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hello, currently my provider is upc for phone,broadband tv.
    My one year contract is up and have noticed blueface are doing a calls for life offer for €199 (voip) including phone.
    I was paying €12 per month for anytime package with upc (line rental was free for the 12 months) but with the above offer from blueface I am tempted.
    I did a ping test.net and my score was A.
    I have never had a problem with the call quality from upc, would I be right in guessing the call quality would also be good with b/face. I tried skype before but was unhappy with the jumpy calls, would b/face be the same as skype, or the fact its plugged directly into my router makes the call quality better, similar to upc.
    My broadband speed is 20mb.
    Any advice given is very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

The call quality is almost totally dependent on the quality of the broadband connection.

I have been using Blueface for several years. My broadband is supplied by a fixed wireless connection as I am in a rural area and DSL or cable are unavailable. Any drop in call quality drops coincides with a drop in the broadband quality.

Another thing to remember about call quality is if the recipient is also using either VOIP or Skype then the quality is only as good as the quality of the poorest connection.

With the ability to port telephone numbers you cannot tell from the number whether the person on the other end is using a land line or VOIP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 chipper

read the small print first ! as far as i remember, the LIFE is based on the life of the phone they give you, not free calls forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

chipper wrote: »
    read the small print first ! as far as i remember, the LIFE is based on the life of the phone they give you, not free calls forever

True, but they will sell you another if the first craps out and you continue to have the original service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

I have been with Blueface for over two years and use UPC for internet. I have had no problems and pay 99e per year for 300 mins per month. Great deal and I would say worth every cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭championc

Dtoffee wrote: »
    I have been with Blueface for over two years and use UPC for internet. I have had no problems and pay 99e per year for 300 mins per month. Great deal and I would say worth every cent.

I use Rynga.com for VoIP and get 120 days for €10 (so €30 per year) with 300 mins per WEEK. Quality a little echoey at times but certainly worth every cent. Mobile calls only 0.07c per min with NO setup fee either !!!

p.s. And your €10 for 120 days is credit for use for dialing mobiles and other chargeable countries so essentially the plan gives you nearly 2.5 hours of mobile calls.

C

• Advertisement
Advertisement