Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ST. PATRICKS CATHEDRAL SCHOOL

Options
  • 18-01-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hi all, anyone got any feed back on this scholl thinking of sending my daughter she will be starting in 3rd yr.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Moved to Primary and Pre school forum :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Konata wrote: »
    Moved to Primary and Pre school forum :)
    Is that not a secondary school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Is that not a secondary school?

Oh deary me.

I fail at life >_<

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

am open to correction!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yellowfrog

yesit is a secondary school...a grammer school. if we could stick to the original topic it would be most helpful. i posted this by accident in the wrong place. thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Awh my old Secondary school remember it like it was yesterday (was only a year and a half ago I done my Leaving Cert there mind you), what do you need to know OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

Awh my old Secondary school remember it like it was yesterday (was only a year and a half ago I done my Leaving Cert there mind you), what do you need to know OP?

I think the OP is learning quite a lot!

thanks gavin. yes well i want to know everthing....did you feel it was a good school, what are the pupils like is it a good mix? do you have to be in the choir, what are the teachers like? what was the traffic like in the mornings LOL was the spotrs good, after school activities etc....sorry to bombard you, but am not in dublin at htis time to find out.
    thanks
    stef

yellowfrog wrote: »
    thanks gavin. yes well i want to know everthing....did you feel it was a good school, what are the pupils like is it a good mix? do you have to be in the choir, what are the teachers like? what was the traffic like in the mornings LOL was the spotrs good, after school activities etc....sorry to bombard you, but am not in dublin at htis time to find out.
    thanks
    stef

I felt it was a good school ye, small classes and good teachers in the City Centre is what you're basically paying the private fees for.

Pupils when I was there was a mix ye, people from the "posher" parts and people like myself who were born and breed in the inner city, usually a half and half ratio of boys and girls too.

No you don't have to be in the choir.

Teachers as I said when I was there were good, my younger brother still goes there and most of the teachers from 2 years ago when I left are still there.

I only live 5 mins from the school so traffic wasn't an issue, but if you were coming down from say Harolds Cross down Clanbrassil St and onto Patrick St it was at a stand still nearly every morning.

Sports :confused: I take it you haven't visited the school? The yard is tiny so all sports are done outside of school hours. Afaik they started a Rugby Club up this year and it's going well, when I was there there was a football team but that died off after the year before us left as there wasn't enough people to do it.

After school activites I wouldn't know a lot about, but iirc there was choir classes, after school study (can't remember if that was still going when I left), not much else that I can remember.

thanks ;) will be up to look at it in feb hopefully.

• Advertisement

Look into St.Louis in Rathmines too, tonnes of my mates went there and they all said it was decent plus there's no fees.

thanks gavin....all options are open ;)

Advertisement