Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for real chip Tyres

• 18-01-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

HI
    I looking for chip NEW tyres 215/35/17 any now some think about good place in dublin or wicklow area please contact

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What the F*** are real chip tyres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Most likely means Cheap tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Part worn or new.

A few breakers yards will sell decent part worn tyres.

Got a decent 14 for €20. For 17's probably €30 to €40.

Got mine from one of the breakers on the Greenhills rd in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kulamario

i think about 60-70 euro each NO MORE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

kulamario wrote: »
    i think about 60-70 euro each NO MORE

NO MORE eh?

Thats an unusual size you have there, I would have thought the profile would be very low on them. You are going to find them a bit pricey because of the size.

I would have thought 215/45/17 would be a bit more normal, sure your size is right?

If the profile is 45 then you could get
    http://camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s15p12919
    or
    http://camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s15p4188

Whatever you are putting them on, don't cheap out on tyres please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

HI
    I looking for chip NEW tyres 215/35/17 any now some think about good place in dublin or wicklow area please contact

lol at this

try getting tyres in a breakers yard, that seems to be your requirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

HI
    looking for real cheap (assuming you meant cheap) tyres is like asking where you can buy a really cheap parachute. :eek:

there's plenty of places where you can buy 'really cheap' tyres, but a good portion of them will get you hurt or killed and/or write off your car at the first opportunity.

you might be thinking that you can't afford decent tyres, but my reply to that would be that you can't afford NOT to get decent tyres.

my first car in ireland was a little ford fiesta and unbeknownst to me it had been fitted with cheap tyres by the previous owner. i was coming up a hill with a bend in it behind 2 cars and a big removals van on a wet road (not icy) and driving pretty slowly and before i knew what was going on, the back end went out and i ended up facing the opposite direction on the other side of the road.

luckily for me there was nothing coming the other way so i didn't actually hit anything, but i took it into my local garage and they checked the car out and the only thing wrong with it was the brand of tyre. they had plenty of tread on them but they were some cheap, imported indian brand that were totally unsuitable for the roads here.

i got them to change the tyres for some normal middle of the range branded tyres and the difference was astounding and i never had any problems with grip after that.

just don't buy cheap tyres, they aren't worth your life to save a few euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mickdw wrote: »
    What the F*** are real chip tyres?
    Real smart. I suppose you are fluent in a few foreign languages, and never spell a word wrong in those languages......

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

map.GIF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

HI

Call over to the nearest farmer to where you live and he'll have a stack of tires beside his silage pit, and I reckon you'll get them "Cheap as Chips" !!:D

Advertisement