Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteorite

Options
  • 18-01-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see a meteorite this evening? Saw it while driving home just after 7pm and looking in the Highwood/Lough Arrow/Castlebaldwin/Ballymote direction Golden object falling from the sky then disappearing behind a hill! I thought it was a chineese lantern or something but then I saw someone querying a meteor on Twitter and realised that must have been what it was. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was driving out of Sligo this evening and heard this reported on Matt Cooper's show on the radio. Reports came in from Cork, Mullingar, Monaghan, Sligo and quite a few other regions. It was clearly not a local event, so OP you were not hallucinating. I was hoping it was a sign of Cowen's departure and the arrival of some sort of 'Messiah' from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Shooting star, or the international space station (think thats in view this week)?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

irish-stew wrote: »
    Shooting star, or the international space station (think thats in view this week)?

No, it was neither of those, as I have seen them before. This was golden object falling from the sky and disappearing behind a hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

I saw an orange object in the sky. appeared to be somewhere over knocknashee
    It was a little earlier, maybe 6:10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Yes, someone on Twitter mentioned seeing one at about 6:15pm, too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 ScallowayLass

Just came across this post, quite funny, similar thing was seen here in Shetland but on the Sunday 23rd at roughly the same time in the evening, much the same as whats been described as seen on here....

Advertisement