Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday runners?

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi there
    On my way home this evening, I noticed a large crowd of people running...is this the Kilcoole running club, does anyone know or what group is it? Would like to do some running but am very much a beginner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

They are the Wicklow Triathlon Club who train on Tuesday evenings with Coach Eamonn Tilley.

Eamonn is also the head coach for the Kilcoole running club which meets on Monday and Wednesday evenings at the Track beside Jackie Skelly's gym. They divide into groups based on ability (beginner to advanced) and you will have your own running coach to lead the group. I am in both clubs but highly recommend Kilcoole if it's running you're after. The people are really friendly and so encouraging. You can drop down and try out a session to see if you like it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Misty May

hon79 wrote: »
    Hi there
    On my way home this evening, I noticed a large crowd of people running...is this the Kilcoole running club, does anyone know or what group is it? Would like to do some running but am very much a beginner.

Greystones Athletic Club also train on the Tuesday nights, in fact they train nearly every night. They have an adult group training at the same time as the kids from 7.00 -8.30 on Tues and same on Fri. Theresa Kinane is the person to contact about that and she works in the building there beside the running track in Charlesland.

There is also a group meeting on Monday nights and Wed nights on the track in Greystones training from 8.30. You pay €3 on the night and for that you get a good warm up routine run by a qualified Athletic Ireland Coach, generally it's Theresa, an organised run and a cool down session. It's very good for all levels. Some of these runners take part in the Fit for life series of races. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

+1 for Greystones AC. Spent years of my childhood with them training. Theresa is wonderful.

She led me to a silver in the Leinster high jump (highlight of my athletics career ^.^ ).

I believe she's been training some All Ireland / Olympic hopefuls recently too. She really does a great job of running the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

I'm another Theresa disciple. She is a superb coach & a mighty motivator. Greystones is one of the most successful junior athletic clubs in Ireland & efforts are now being made to extend the adult side of things. You are guaranteed a warm & friendly welcome, with runners of all abilities.:D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Greystones AC website www.greystonesac.com
    Shoreline Leisure is www.shorelineleisure.ie and click on "Charlesland"

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

I started the Greystones Running Club this year, I go every Wednesday. Its really good. I couldn't run at all at the begining of January but slowly getting better and fitter. It's really good fun too and there is no pressure to be a great runner! I definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

For anybody interested, Wicklow Triathlon Club are holding an open evening
    in Shoreline Greystones on the 17th Feb @ 8pm.

So if you are interested in finding out more about triathlon, please come along.

http://www.wicklowtri.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

audreyp wrote: »
    I started the Greystones Running Club this year, I go every Wednesday. Its really good. I couldn't run at all at the begining of January but slowly getting better and fitter. It's really good fun too and there is no pressure to be a great runner! I definitely recommend it.

I would also be a beginner 'runner' but need a group to motivate me - how are you still getting on? with the brighter evenings coming in I'd love to get involved with something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

schmel22 wrote: »
    I would also be a beginner 'runner' but need a group to motivate me - how are you still getting on? with the brighter evenings coming in I'd love to get involved with something like this

I'm still going, I go twice a week now, Mondays and Wednesdays. I love it. I dread going when its cold and wet but haven't missed a class. Its really good fun. I can run constantly now which is great. Granted its a very slow jog but definitely progress. I could never run and now i'm able to run about 3K without stopping. The group always has new people join it and everyone is really friendly and supportive. I can't recommend it enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

sounds brilliant!
    Could you PM me a number I can call?

Thanks a mil!

Advertisement