Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile - Any ETA on webtexts? *[Now Live]*

Options
  • 18-01-2011 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Im ready to move myself and the rest of the family to Tesco Mobile.
    The only barrier is web texts. We all use webtexts a lot.

Any ETA on the webtexts from Tesco Mobile?
    When that happens i'll move us all.

From speaking to other people they are waiting for the webtexts too, but would switch then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Daithi,

We are looking at a webtext offering but there is no date for this yet.

Thanks for the feedback

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Thanks for the reply. I'll wait til it happens then and move all the phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcnutt

has there been any update on tesco webtexts?

Hi McNutt,

Its in evaluation at the moment. No locked in date but looks like it will be before the summer.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mcnutt

thanks, will wait until then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

mcnutt wrote: »
    thanks, will wait until then.

me too.I thought it would be sooner than the summer tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jamesbrond

I registered just to ask that question. I suppose i will wait a while until I switch then.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Can we have a definite answer on when webtext will be available please Paul?

Sorry Peter I don't have this detail yet. We are still working on this. Regards Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Same here. I'd move tomorrow if you are offering webtexts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭RayCon

another family here waiting to see if Tesco webtxts appear before we make the move

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Sorry Peter I don't have this detail yet. We are still working on this. Regards Paul

I'm on Meteor (have been since they started) but would switch to Tesco if they offered webtext.

Bit confused about the Tesco website which offers a "free" 3G Sim, also one for €2.50, and also an "international" Sim.

What's the difference? :confused::confused::confused:

marrm wrote: »
    I'm on Meteor (have been since they started) but would switch to Tesco if they offered webtext.

Bit confused about the Tesco website which offers a "free" 3G Sim, also one for €2.50, and also an "international" Sim.

What's the difference? :confused::confused::confused:

Hi Marrm,

Its a marketing distinction as we have such strong International rates. In reality there is no difference. If you order the free international SIM it is the same SIM profile as any other.

Working on Webtexts :)

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

The only thing holding myself, my family and friends back from joining tesco mobile is the lack of webtexts.

As soon as that's implemented we will all jump on board

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

hi paul, hows it goin? why does webtexts take so long to implement? surely it has to be easy to set up? it shouldnt take months. also any plans to bring in some nice new phones?
    did you ever try to get the san francisco/blade?

cheers, emo

emo72 wrote: »
    hi paul, hows it goin? why does webtexts take so long to implement? surely it has to be easy to set up? it shouldnt take months. also any plans to bring in some nice new phones?
    did you ever try to get the san francisco/blade?

cheers, emo

Hi Emo, it is a relatively significant piece of work for us. On the phones we have another new mid range android launching this week, the LG Optimus Me. We have others on the way.
    Regards
    Paul

any update on webtext functionality - even a rough idea....?

p.s that lg phone is fairly low end - measly amount of ram and poor screen. can do better on that front for an android phone at that price.

I see that this isn't offered in the UK so unlikely to be offered here either.

Webtext is under development. Hopeful to have ready before August.

glad to be proved wrong! how about triple bonus credit and the other good stuff that the uk gets tho!

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    glad to be proved wrong! how about triple bonus credit and the other good stuff that the uk gets tho!

They have different plans than us and there are areas where we are better value than them aswell. We are simply different networks under a wider family umbrella. That said, we will continue to innovate to drive value for our customers and some of that may take a lead from the UK and some maybe be new to both networks.

regards
    Paul

They have different plans than us and there are areas where we are better value than them aswell. We are simply different networks under a wider family umbrella. That said, we will continue to innovate to drive value for our customers and some of that may take a lead from the UK and some maybe be new to both networks.

regards
    Paul

You'd have to admit that the uk market is more competitive too - one of the reasons that we don't get the same value over here.... some of that is due to the size of the market but still.

glasso wrote: »
    You'd have to admit that the uk market is more competitive too - one of the reasons that we don't get the same value over here.... some of that is due to the size of the market but still.

I think that Tesco Mobile Ireland is very competitive in the Irish market and that can only be good for our customers

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johneire31

Tesco mobile should really have webtext sorted by now, its not cutting edge stuff. Surely in an attempt to get a competitive advantage offering all the services of a competitor is paramount, surpassing them goes without saying.

I have been waiting now since January to switch to Tesco, even went as far as buying a top end unlocked phone to change, yet no webtext. Recently I found an app to let me use the webtexts from my current provider over wifi, now Im wondering if I need to change at all bearing in mind the draconion 20c minimum call charge, reminds me of the way landlines used to be in the 80's

per second billing, and webtext not a lot to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 13 theblueeyz

I'll chime in here. My wife just moved to Tesco Mobile and we're both a little disappointed to see the lack of webtext. It's a widely available feature on the other carriers so its absence here is pretty notable. How is this coming? Can we still expected it before august?

That said, the reason she moved is still valid - the rates are very competitive and she can save alot of money this way.

Hi Guys

Webtext is on the way. Its under development at the moment.

No confirmed dates yet

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vadge

Still no ETA on this? Question initially posed at the start of the year. I, like many, would jump straight over if this was available

Yes, this has been delayed due to other large scale changes underway. Still at least 4-6 weeks away. Apologies for this, we are very keen to get Webtexts out there for our customers.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

Yes, this has been delayed due to other large scale changes underway. Still at least 4-6 weeks away. Apologies for this, we are very keen to get Webtexts out there for our customers.

regards
    Paul

Scandalous that webtext hasn't been sorted yet. And this 4-6 weeks sounds doggy to me. Why should we believe anything we're being told.

Emobile is offering 300 webtext and free land line calls for €20 a month top.

• Advertisement

pat13wx wrote: »
    Scandalous that webtext hasn't been sorted yet. And this 4-6 weeks sounds doggy to me. Why should we believe anything we're being told.

Emobile is offering 300 webtext and free land line calls for €20 a month top.

Hi Pat

Apologies for the delay. We are very keen to get this out there as there is a demand for it. There is no other reason for the delay other than we are blocked by other major developments under way.

It is in the plans to be delivered.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement