Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco Mobile - Any ETA on webtexts? *[Now Live]*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Paul did a test working great. Keep up the good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Im on pay monthly.
    I did a test. Then I checked my balance. Im getting charged the normal text rate for the free webtexts im sending.
    I would advise everyone to check their usage before sending a webtext, then check again after. You will see the text appear in your usage with a charge on it.
    Im assuming that is a bug that will be fixed as a priority though.

Just some observations on the interface.
    Its a bit yuk.
    Contacts appear much too close together in the listbox. Someone with mobility issues will find it hard to click on the one they want.
    It doesnt show anywhere how many texts you have left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Im on pay monthly.
    I did a test. Then I checked my balance. Im getting charged the normal text rate for the free webtexts im sending.
    I would advise everyone to check their usage before sending a webtext, then check again after. You will see the text appear in your usage with a charge on it.

Note on the My Usage Details screen you will always see the cost of a text in the Amount column (9c if not Tesco Mobile) but the Discounted Amount column shows the actual charge you pay which should be 0

regards
    Paul

Just some observations on the interface.
    Its a bit yuk.
    Contacts appear much too close together in the listbox. Someone with mobility issues will find it hard to click on the one they want.
    It doesnt show anywhere how many texts you have left.

Thanks for the feedback, we will fix the issues and also work on the usability.

Bottom left corner of webtext page underneath the message box shows you how many you have left.

Also available in the Balances Overview section that is visible in the menu when you click on Account Overview and Display Active Services of your account

We will be doing a general overhaul of My Tesco Mobile early in New Year as we are well aware there are quite a few improvements that can be made.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Note on the My Usage Details screen you will always see the cost of a text in the Amount column (9c if not Tesco Mobile) but the Discounted Amount column shows the actual charge you pay which should be 0

regards
    Paul

Ok, my bad.
    It doesnt say "0" in the Discounted Amount column, but it does say "--" in it.

But i am definitely getting charged for the webtexts.
    I just tried again. Balance is gone down by 9c again after i sent the webtext.

You can test this easily yourself.
    Check "Capped bonus" balance in "my balance and budles".
    Send webtext.
    Check balance.

I assume you will be able to verify this and refund anyone who has been charged for a webtext so far.

Text from under the text box
    "You are currently sending 1 SMS message(s) and 160 characters remaining
    You currently have 0 national and 0 International Free SMS left this month*."

• Advertisement

Ok, my bad.

Send webtext.
    Check balance.

I assume you will be able to verify this and refund anyone who has been charged for a webtext so far.

Thanks, yes will check this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

no!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):)

awwwwwfrown.giffrown.gif that would have been a cut above the others.

but 'every little helps' I guess:D

Ok, my bad.

Send webtext.
    Check balance.

Thanks Cricketdude. You are on a capped account then. Can you PM me your number if possible as this would be a help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hi Paul - I topped up by €10 on Nov 26th, but its telling me "You currently have 0 national and 0 International Free SMS left this month*."

also - a feature request, would be very handy if this could tie into GMail contacts

tks,
    L.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Tesco Mobile Web text is now live.

That's great! :)

Thanks for the good work.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    Hi Paul - I topped up by €10 on Nov 26th, but its telling me "You currently have 0 national and 0 International Free SMS left this month*."

also - a feature request, would be very handy if this could tie into GMail contacts

tks,
    L.

Hi there

Yes, have clarified with the tech team that the Web Text bundle is being triggered for PAYG on all new topups. Am working with them to get the bundle applied for all customers who topped up in alst few weeks

regards
    Paul

loyatemu wrote: »

tks,
    L.

Hi All

Should now be showing correct balance for all those who topped up in recent weeks.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

Hi All

Should now be showing correct balance for all those who topped up in recent weeks.

regards
    Paul

Great stuff Paul - all sorted this end. Very happy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Didn't think I'd say this, but I'm starting to get tempted to swap my iPhone for a Windows 7 phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dhaumi

G-Money wrote: »
    Didn't think I'd say this, but I'm starting to get tempted to swap my iPhone for a Windows 7 phone.

If you do it, do it for the right reasons, know what you're getting. I hate people praising a smartphone/OS over another when they don't even use half of its capabilities!

Ok, my bad.

Send webtext.
    Check balance.

I'm getting the exact same thing. I'm being charged for my webtexts :(

I'm on PAYG, topped up by 20€ on the 11th of November.
    It was working fine till today, yesterday was my last bonus day.

The interface does need a change, this light blue makes everything hard to read. But I'd bear it if the whole thing works :)

dhaumi wrote: »
    I'm getting the exact same thing. I'm being charged for my webtexts :(

I'm on PAYG, topped up by 20€ on the 11th of November.
    It was working fine till today, yesterday was my last bonus day.

The interface does need a change, this light blue makes everything hard to read. But I'd bear it if the whole thing works :)

Hi there

On PAYG you have to be topped up by €10 or more every 30 days so it is working correctly.

Thanks for the feedback re the UI. We will work to improve this in the new year.

regards
    Paul

Hi there

On PAYG you have to be topped up by €10 or more every 30 days so it is working correctly.

Thanks for the feedback re the UI. We will work to improve this in the new year.

regards
    Paul

Not bad, especially regarding the international web texts, but not on par with the other webtexts. I only tested Meteor's, I had 300 webtexts/month as a PAYG customer even past the 30 days...
    I guess you can't have it all :)

Any chance of seeing a Data/SIM card for iPads with Data plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 drjis

hallo i have received a 3g sim card from the tesco website, then i have sent an international sms, and it was successfully delivered, but after the first one, no sms has been delivered, why? should i have to top up to send the webtexts?

drjis wrote: »
    hallo i have received a 3g sim card from the tesco website, then i have sent an international sms, and it was successfully delivered, but after the first one, no sms has been delivered, why? should i have to top up to send the webtexts?

Yes, as mentioned in this thread, Pay as You Go csutomers need to have topped up by €10 or more in last 30 days to qualify for free webtext. Outside of this you can still send webtexts but they are chargeable. That is why you could send one as there is 20c on the SIM.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 drjis

perfect:)then i will top up

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ichonk

Paul I would be tempted to swap over to Tesco ireland if the 250 webtexts were all international, the way they are with 02.

I nearly always use my full 250 webtext quota every month texting a mate in England.

So hope it might be changed at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Odarallo09

I am getting this error when I try go to the webtext

An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator.

Is it unavailable at the moment? Have tried it everyday since I got the sms had the 10euro topped up etc.

Odarallo09 wrote: »

Is it unavailable at the moment? Have tried it everyday since I got the sms had the 10euro topped up etc.

Hi there

Can you please pm me your number and I will check it out

Regards
    Paul

Paul can you confirm if the web texts eligibility is based on a calendar monthly top up or a 30 day basis.

Hi Danjo

You get your allowance once in a calendar month at the beginning of the month. You can use the allowance as long as you have topped up by €10 or more in last 30 days.

Regards
    Paul

Paul are there any plans to introduce (pay as you go) mobile broadband dongles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

probably when the data cap of 1.2Mb/s is removed,
    Wouldn't be much good at all i've used my Tesco Sim in a dongle before altough it's ok it's still not upto speed with other proivders.

As Jay says, we will be looking at more offerings and products in the data space when we have the network upgrades next year. These will also remove the speed cap.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Odarallo09 wrote: »

Same problem here. Worst day of the year for it TBH, my fingers would probably fall apart trying to text everyone "happy new year" from my uncomfortable Nokia phone...

While you're at it, any chance of a more detailed error message than "unexpected error has occurred"?

Advertisement