Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile - Any ETA on webtexts? *[Now Live]*

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

in fairness its not in a telcos best interest to have free webtexts working coming up to midnight on nre years eve imagine the money to be made fro texts at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

in fairness its not in a telcos best interest to have free webtexts working coming up to midnight on nre years eve imagine the money to be made fro texts at that time
    The thought had occurred to me :D But I don't think that was their intention - it looked like the whole network was down, because two of us couldn't make or receive calls or send texts from the phones either.
    Looks like it's back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I took this issue up with O2 on their forum over a year ago, and not just failed web txts at xmas time but also other times and asked if priority is given to paid txt's over web txts and was told no.

But I'm not convinced of this at all and as you say there is money to be made and a cat never refuses milk does it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

this is what im getting too
    also i cant see my balance or usage deails
    Odarallo09 wrote: »
    I am getting this error when I try go to the webtext

An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator.

Is it unavailable at the moment? Have tried it everyday since I got the sms had the 10euro topped up etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

this is what im getting too
    also i cant see my balance or usage deails

Hi there

Please PM me with your details and I will take a look

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

I find the webtext hit and miss.

Regularly get "Connection closed by remote server" error after hitting send message, or "Unable to complete secure transaction".

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Hi guys, I am having trouble setting up my voicemail on tesco moible. I set up my own voicemail greeting and made sure voice mail was on (through dialing 172) I called my phone and when I declined to accept the call, I could just hear 3 beeps. When I let the call time out, I got a voice saying "there is no response" over and over again.

anybody know what I am doing wrong here? I have confirmed that the voice mail is defiantly on :confused:

rurs wrote: »
    I find the webtext hit and miss.

Regularly get "Connection closed by remote server" error after hitting send message, or "Unable to complete secure transaction".

Any ideas?

Hi rurs

Can I please ask that you contact care with all detials of this here. They will log a ticket with our technical team to investigate

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am having trouble setting up my voicemail on tesco moible. I set up my own voicemail greeting and made sure voice mail was on (through dialing 172) I called my phone and when I declined to accept the call, I could just hear 3 beeps. When I let the call time out, I got a voice saying "there is no response" over and over again.

anybody know what I am doing wrong here? I have confirmed that the voice mail is defiantly on :confused:

Hi Trevor,

There may be an issue with your setup.

Can you please log your details here and customer care will follow up.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pnck71

Hi
    Just switched to TescoMobile once I heard that webtexts are finally implemented (was waiting for them since last spring, I think ;).
    Overall working fine for me so far.

However, when I tried to text my mates in Russian, cyrillic characters did not get through at all. Just question marks or weird symbols. Which was a real disappointment.

Is there any way to send non-english characters?

Kind of useful for international texts, you know. And for foreigners around here. I was with o2 before and they had no problem with cyrillic whatsoever, so I guess it is technically possible.

• Advertisement

pnck71 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just switched to TescoMobile once I heard that webtexts are finally implemented (was waiting for them since last spring, I think ;).
    Overall working fine for me so far.

However, when I tried to text my mates in Russian, cyrillic characters did not get through at all. Just question marks or weird symbols. Which was a real disappointment.

Is there any way to send non-english characters?

Kind of useful for international texts, you know. And for foreigners around here. I was with o2 before and they had no problem with cyrillic whatsoever, so I guess it is technically possible.

Hi there,

Sorry at the moment only the latin alphabet is possible.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pnck71

That's a pity.
    You mentioned earlier that you'll be working on UI improvements in the new year.
    Do you know if internationalisation will be part of it?

pnck71 wrote: »
    That's a pity.
    You mentioned earlier that you'll be working on UI improvements in the new year.
    Do you know if internationalisation will be part of it?

I will certainly look at it with the team

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Paul I've been trying to read a webtext I sent earlier but I can't get to it. The View works with some of the sent texts but not others :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Can videocalls be conducted on the Tescomobile network? I have a phone capable of such but didn't seem to function videocalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

du Maurier wrote: »
    Can videocalls be conducted on the Tescomobile network? I have a phone capable of such but didn't seem to function videocalls.

Nope. O2 never have provided the function

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Davy wrote: »
    Nope. O2 never have provided the function

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, bit of a jib, that. Is this a long-standing thing with no intention of ever providing that service?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

du Maurier wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, bit of a jib, that. Is this a long-standing thing with no intention of ever providing that service?

They never have done so, that's not to say they won't some time in the future but changes are slim. There isn't the demand for it. Vodafone and H3G backed it, but never took off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Hi, i was just wondering. would there be any chance of increasing the amount of international webtexts available? or even making the whole 250 international or irish instead of just the 50 international? would be super handy

Advertisement